Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

This is regarding a claim (eBay Guarantee Claim No.260241) raised against me by a buyer on Ebay India. The product in question is an HTC ONE X Mobile phone, worth 18700 (plus shipping). I had, as listed, provided the buyer with a brand new mobile phone. As buyers have been doing for a long time now (in connivance with Ebay India), the buyer opened a guarantee claim stating the item was old, when I had sent him a sealed packed NEW mobile phone. When the buyer could not prove that the phone was old, he started making trival claims like the charger is scratched, the phones "manufacturing" date, which he checked on some wierd chinese site, was old etc. Ebay India was swift and prompt to close the case in favor of the buyer (even though the Ebay service center guy Rahul Dev did not have any valid reason for closing the case in the buyers favor. In fact, he started the call by saying "Sir , the buyer has asked for a refund. So when can you process a refund to the buyer.....". After all this, the buyer returned me the phone and, it was no surprise, that the phone was broken (Even though the buyer had it only for a week). The back was cracked and the phone showed signs that it had been opened. It no longer boots up and there is no way I can use it, let alone sell it.

When I went searching on the Ebay India site, there is no option or button for Seller protection. When you go to

http://eguarantee.ebay.in/eg/SellerProtection

and click on Raise a claim, it only allows you to raise a claim on items you BOUGHT in the recent past. So it is obvious that this button, intended for seller protection, just takes you back to the Buyer Protection page.

After a lot of searching I come across a small line in their FAQ that says "mail sellerprotection@ebay.com" for Seller Protection. When I mailed them, there isnt even an automated response from Ebay (which BTW is a common thing for all Ebay mail ids, you GET an automated acknowledgement, AT LEAST). Shows very well that the seller protection mailbox is just a phony, and not monitored at all.

I hope Ebay India gets its act together before all of us sellers desert it, leaving it for what it really is becoming, just another scam site on the internet.

Hope this finds some responsible Ebay India members quickly before Ebay goes bust.

Thanks

Abhishek

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

You are seller on ebay, you should know all the changes taking place on ebay. Seller protection in now a complete microsite by itself.

Login  to your account and go to my "My Paisapay" page and there click on "eBay Guarantee" tab then click on "Go to eBay Guarantee* site"  on the new page on top RHS click on "SellerProtection" now on the new page on the top RHS click on "Raise a Claim" and fill out the details and then you can apply for seller protection.

I hope this helps you.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Hello,

Please have patience of atleast 3 to 6 months to fight for your money. I am stuck up with more 100K with ebay under seller protection credit. They just keep saying we are investigating on it. Are they investigating a murder case or a dispute god knows.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

Dear Rajelectronics,

In may first post, I have mentioned just what you told me to to......

".....................When I went searching on the Ebay India site, there is no option or button for Seller protection. When you go to

http://eguarantee.ebay.in/eg/SellerProtection

and click on Raise a claim, it only allows you to raise a claim on items you BOUGHT in the recent past. So it is obvious that this button, intended for seller protection, just takes you back to the Buyer Protection page................"

Have you tried raising a claim from the Raise a Claim button? It only allows you to raise a claim for ITEMS BOUGHT. I am a seller and am well versed with the changes happening on Ebay. Just that the site, at least the seller part, is useless for all sellers.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

When you go to the seller protection website go to "check claim status" then go to "Claims against you".

There you should get an option to file for seller protection. Check the image below for reference.

http://i.imgur.com/PUQWqKm.png

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

I bet you will loose the case because ebay is a buyer oriented platform. I have already lost lakhs of ruppess with such false claims.

Best of luck.

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Boss, I too have been in the same situation.

I dont want to comment on the claim adjuster because you already know of what they are.

Things to note.

The mail that you sent... dont keep using the same subject line to mail them again for update. Always use a new email. Their system is such that the new email sits on the old mail and this makes them ignore the mail.

Keep record of the email you sent. Remember the day you sent that mail cause everytime you call the cuss service they will ask for this.

Now for the Harsh Part.

Your money is going to be stuck for a long time now.

Everytime you call the team for an update you will get a simple answer " You will get a call back from the claim adjuster".. which will never happen.

But, your money is your money.. now keep fighting for it.

Someday you will get a call from the claim adjuster or the security team asking you to courier them the mobile phone.

You can not claim Seller Protection on all claims.

If in the claim closure email if you see the last line saying that you will not be protected under seller protection then you cant find any option on ebay to claim refund. You have to call and email ebay every week or every second day...

Dont feel shy in reaching out to the top most people of ebay... its your money.. either go the legal way by hiring a lawyer and sending a demand notice to Ebay India or reach out to the Ebay international people on facebook... psst email professionally with your issue to facebook at ebay dot com

Or keep following up with the ebay team till you get your money back... 

I am suggesting all this, assuming that you are a genuine case.. see I dont know you so dont know what really happened.. 

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

hello all,

you are right boss!

this time seller protection is  a matter of joke. they don’t cover u if the claim product amount more than 4-5k.. i am also facing same problem. in a transaction i have send a brand new mobile phone to my buyer. after some day use she called me and told me that she facing  problem with data cable. then i suggest her ok i will ready to replace data cable. but she not interested for replacement. then i requested her ok no problem send my mobile back and get ur full refund. but the product got damage in transit. i got a broken screen mobile from buyer. then i raised a seller protection claim. most un experienced executive name "BHAVNA" handled my case. but she don’t no exactly what she doing. after 2 week later i got a called form most funny person in ebay support called "VIAJY"... he said me that broken screen of a touch screen mobile is a minor problem and ebay cant cover for this minor thing.. i am never seen that kind of "DUFFER" person. now buyer got her refund.. ebay cancelled the seller protection and last i am the looser of 19k and joker also.

so, we the seller take a action for this and should make own community... this time to raise our voice against ebay. we the sellers have to gather and need to go their office in Mumbai and talk to senior representatives. Please call me on 8981930992 if u think

u cheated by the ebay support......

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

I sold 2 inverters as per paisapay id 34457373264 for worth Rs. 27000. Buyer accepted and signed on courier slip and brought his products to his own premise without examining his products for any damages on transit without bother about the matter mentioned on my item description. After few days he opened the package and sent me a message saying his product were damaged on transit. Mean while ebay transferred the product cost to my account. After that buyer initiated guarantee claim and sent the products back to me. After a while, a representative from claims department contacted with me an told that I selected wrong courier and that is why ebay approves refund in favor of buyer. Then the product cost refunded to buyer before product reach me.

When it received to me, it was found completely damaged and broken on transit. I contacted with ebay customer support and followed the instruction of customer care rep. Loged in to my account and gone to my "My Paisapay" page and there clicked on "eBay Guarantee" tab then clicked on "Go to eBay Guarantee* site"  on the new page on top RHS clicked on "SellerProtection" now on the new page on the top RHS clicked on "Raise a Claim" and tried to fill out the details. I could see “No Records”.

Both we could not find the option to initiate claim for seller protection.  The customer care rep told me that he will forward the message to concerned. 

I waited for the response from the concerned team. Nothing happened and nobody contacted with me. I lost whole product cost and shipping cost. Now I could understand that “Seller protection” is a farce and Joke. Ebay is deducting the cost of products from my paisapay account. It is a great and fantastic “SELLER PROTECTION”

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

I sold 2 inverters as per paisapay id 34457373264 for worth Rs. 27000. Buyer accepted and signed on courier slip and brought his products to his own premise without examining his products for any damages on transit without bother about the matter mentioned on my item description. After few days he opened the package and sent me a message saying his product were damaged on transit. Mean while ebay transferred the product cost to my account. After that buyer initiated guarantee claim and sent the products back to me. After a while, a representative from claims department contacted with me an told that I selected wrong courier and that is why ebay approves refund in favor of buyer. Then the product cost refunded to buyer before product reach me.

When it received to me, it was found completely damaged and broken on transit. I contacted with ebay customer support and followed the instruction of customer care rep. Loged in to my account and gone to my "My Paisapay" page and there clicked on "eBay Guarantee" tab then clicked on "Go to eBay Guarantee* site"  on the new page on top RHS clicked on "SellerProtection" now on the new page on the top RHS clicked on "Raise a Claim" and tried to fill out the details. I could see “No Records”.

Both we could not find the option to initiate claim for seller protection.  The customer care rep told me that he will forward the message to concerned. 

I waited for the response from the concerned team. Nothing happened and nobody contacted with me. I lost whole product cost and shipping cost. Now I could understand that “Seller protection” is a farce and Joke. Ebay is deducting the cost of products from my paisapay account. It is a great and fantastic “SELLER PROTECTION”

Salim

Message 10 of 52
latest reply