Regarding bogus claim being opened by buyers

This is with reference to 100s of claims being raised by buyers, most buyers have come to know that once they receive a product they can say it is a duplicate or it is defectice just by opening a claim and adding insult to injury ebay gives them 110% coupon and asks the buyer to keep the product as well and adds negative marking to sellers performance

my question is

If you find a buyer has raised a claim and he wants a refund, why not arrange a reverse pick-up, return the product to the seller, charge the seller for the reverse pick-up and then refund,

Recently one of my buyer received a shirt, he then drew a line with a pen on the shirt and uploaded the picture to claim for a refund, knwoing ebay's faulty claim policy i called the buyer and said i need the shirt and i will ask my advocate to represent myself, he then went on to cancel the claim stating it was his mistake,

I have the recorded converstaion with another buyer who said the shirt he purchased was a duplicate, when i asked him to take a letter from the showroom stating it is duplicate so that we can proceed legally he said it was a mis-understanidng and closed the calim

Buyers are taking ebay's claim policy for a ride,

PLEASE DO SOMETHING FOR THIS,

ALL THAT YOU NEED TO DO IS

1. Arrange a reverse pick-up of the defective product

2. Charge the seller for the reverse pick-up

3. then refund

if this is done many buyers who cheat will stop

Ebay must learn how a man from Hyderabad cheated flipkart of 20 lakhs using their return policy

TIME TO ACT PLEASE

attaching a photo please see how to marked area is blurred due to editing done by the buyer in photoshop

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You have a valid point here.

ebay buyers never return the items even after getting refunds.

On all other e-commerce websites, refunds are done only after items are returned.

on ebay buyers are allowed to keep the items and get refunds as well. This leads to big losses for sellers, but ebay is not interested in doing anything about it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

agree, ebay india should look into this matter other wise this will be end of ebay era

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

yes
refund should only be given after the product is recieved back ...
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Not only this one of the new thing i as seller faced is though buyer raised a claim stating that he had not received the product though the postal department website shows product got delivered... after 2day's of raising the claim buyer got to no that product was hand over to his father by postal department as he was out of station by time buyer was back his father was out of station since there was no communication between them due to which buyer filled a claim... meanwhile i tried buyers phone many a times there was no response.... meanwhile ebay claim team contacted me for pod proof or drs sheet... from my side as i was having pod proof with me i immediately mailed a copy... after two days claim got closed in favour of buyer.... and refund was approved in favor of buyer.... this had happen with out communicating with me or a buyer.... as per customer care before approving there called buyer itseems..... the line was busy..... there called seller (me) itseems.... there was no response.... so the refund got approved.... very next day i called customer care.... as per them there can't do anything as the claim got closed... after this i just tired buyers contact number and this time i was lucky i spoke to buyer as per buyer there was no communication with him from ebays side.. i request buyer to call customer care and inform about this ... i m not sure what Will happen... but from my side as a seller i can say doing business with ebay is a big risk there fool seller and make money... this may happen to any of the seller... there is no protection for seller... doing business with other ecommerce site like snapdeal... shopcules... filpkart his much secure...
Message 5 of 5
latest reply