Receiving Payments from International Buyers

amarjitb2005@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All

The most popular question among all sellers who are selling internationally is 'How to receive payments from International Buyers'. We encourage all members to use this thread as a central place for sharing your experience and discussing International payments with other fellow members.

Regards
Amarjit

Thanks
Amar
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Hello,
Can someone tell me if PAYPAL IS LEGAL???

I mean when we do export they ask for FIRC/PP FORM.

In PAYPAL we dont get any such thing..

Can please kindly tell me how to do export and how to clear the problem of proof of receiving payment?

I have IEC Code already.

Thanks in advance for ur help.

Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

It is illegal to use western union as an ebay payment method.
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/payment.html

You can use paypal or moneybookers.
https://www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=654129
Fees for moneybookers is less than paypal for Indian Sellers. Also it is a respected payment service among international ebayers.

Also you can have a friend open a paypal account for you in UK or USa and use a service like remit2india.com or Xoom to send money to your Indian bank account from your paypal account. This can be done online. So you do not have to bother your friend.
Regards
Onesimpleman
Message 32 of 62
latest reply

Hello onesimpleman_in1!

Thank you for posting the remedy to clear funds from PayPal.

PaisaPay is the best credit card processor for Indian Sellers to accept payments from International buyers. But at times some buyers prefer to pay by their PayPal account. Hence I have an account with PayPal and have received 5 cheques till now. The problem I am facing is of cheque clearance. PayPal sends the cheque of Citibank and in our city, Ranchi Citibank branch is not available. So it takes lot of time to clear.

My question is, does any of our Community Members are using xoom.com to get the payment from their PayPal account? Is the process of receiving funds easy with it? How long time it takes for clearance and what are the Bank Charges?

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

Hello,
Can anyone please tell me if PAYPAL IS LEGAL?

I mean when we do export from Post Office they ask for FIRC/PP FORM.

But while getting payment via PAYPAL we do not get any such certificate.

I want to start international Selling and want to ship items through EMS.

Can please kindly tell me how to do export and how to clear the problem of proof of receiving payment( i.e. FIRC/PP Form).

Your help is highly appreciated and I hope I will get details guidelines.

I have IEC Code already.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

jandials123
Community Member
Hi All

I'm also a seller both from ebay & I do international selling on my own.

Now one of my buyers is asking me whether he can send the payment through his credit card or not.

So for this the first option that came through my mind was paypal. But after reading abt it i don't think its a better option.

To know more abt Paypal check this site:
paypal sucks

So I talked to citibank, they said this is not possible

transferring funds from one's credit card to another's a/c is not possible, however transferring funds from one's a/c to someone's a/c or credit card is possible.

Moreover according to RBI's Regulation we normally cannot receive payments through credit cards. if the person wants to pay by his/her credit card he should be physically present in India.

So I don't know what to do,. please help me abt it

Regards,

Naman Jandial
Message 35 of 62
latest reply

touchnshine
Community Member

What is wire
transfer? Obviously it's related to bank but what is the whole procedure
involved in it ? Can anyone explain it here ?

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

rathod.jignesh
Community Member
Hello Seller's

Can any one plz guide on this: There are so many International Buyer's from LONDON who all want to sent there product to NIGERIA. All have same reason either as Birthday Gift or some other Gift. Every one ask for personal details and banking details, confirm on paying and after taking details they start there comments of various payment options. There is lot to discuss and say upon this but its too long to write. As soon as they confirm to buy (only confirmed but not paid) EBAY add its charges of final value fee in our invoices. Its fine but it should be done after the dealing closes. If we earn through EBAY we need to pay charges but if we lose through EBAY we the only one who has to bear, isnt it?

Nywz as per the Payment option, it was not mentioned that the payment will done via EBAY and EBAY takes gaurantee in association with ONLINE Bank.

Plz all seller's should ask EBay to add PAYMENT VIA EBAY in payment options of EBAY and many more small points so that one feels nice to trade with EBAY.

Regards

Jignesh Rathod
Message 37 of 62
latest reply

digesh_123
Community Member
Hello friends,
Thanks for all the suggestions:
Well this thing happened to me.I wanted to sell sony ericsson k790i and put it on this site.I got the buyer immediately the same day, he was from london wanted to ship to nigeria.This warned me as i was aware of cheaters in africa.
I immediately relisted my item, and again immediately i got the buyer, this time too she was from london wanted to ship to nigeria...I was sure theres something wrong going on..Then she replied me through mail abt giving my bank address as she wanted to transfer the money.Then after few days i got mail from butterfield saying that your money transfer is in process... Then after couple of days, i get an mail from Ebay saying that we have received your money and you can carry on your transaction as we fully garuntee about the security of the product...I mailed this story to Ebay helpline mail address, so far no reply from there tooo.
Since theres lot of confusion in my mind, I havnt sent my item to the given nigerian address.

I dont know weather the money sent is fake, or the confirmation from Ebay is fake etc etc...
How to tackle this problem...
Message 38 of 62
latest reply

manishadiamond
Community Member

Guys and all eBay sellers !!

Warning using PAYPAL in India.

First we are not at all protected with any seller protection from PayPal and eBay will just dissaper from the picture if you have any problem with the buyer.

If you want to sell internationally just list you item on eBay.in and mark as ship internationally . Accept Payment only in Paise Pay or Bank transfer or Check payable in India at par. But dont ever offer PayPal.

Foreign buyers take us for Granted and would file a chargeback once they receive the item and PayPal will block your money without any communication and you will be out of money and your item as well.

if you go thru any posting on eBay.in you will see that no eBay staff or the pinks will ever reply here because they know what it is all

belive me but this is one issue you will NEVER get help from eBay or any goverment in India.

PayPal is not the right method to receive money
Message 39 of 62
latest reply

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
Find products that lots of people are wanting, but nobody is selling.

Free details - go here: http://tinyurl.com/2sacy5
Message 40 of 62
latest reply