Powership program queries

Hi,

I am new seller on ebay and wanted to know about powership program, First item I sold on ebay I end up paying 200 rs delivery charges to deliver to chennai. 

1.Is powership charges really less than normal courier charges ?

2. does the fee mentioned on below link is extra fee taken by ebay other than courier charges or it is actuall courier charges and no fee is taken by ebay. I means if my product is 750 gms and price of product is 600 and it  is supposed to be dlivered to chennai. I will get 600 - Final value fee - 49(shipping charege ) ? is this correct ?

below charges will be deducted from my payment or any other charges also

https://deals.ebay.in/powership-rates/ratecard.php

500 to 1000Rs. 29Rs. 40Rs. 43Rs. 49

4. how do I get ebay packing materails if I have to pack using ebay materials ?

5. what are charges for packing materails taken by ebay  ?

Experienced sellers Please help!!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Before you sell on ebay you should have an idea about the charges you would have to pay. If you sell a product for Rs 600-

1.) Ebay would charge a comission (around 5%) and you would get only around Rs 570 in your account.

2.) Also you would have to pay a final value fee to ebay when your product is sold. It is from 1-7% depending upon which category you list your product.

Apart from that are the shipping charges. For a product of 750 grams you would have to pay Rs 98 and not Rs 49 as the slab is for 500 grams. For any additional weight you would have to add 500 grams.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hello

Before you sell on ebay you should have an idea about the charges you would have to pay. If you sell a product for Rs 600-

1.) Ebay would charge a comission (around 5%) and you would get only around Rs 570 in your account.

2.) Also you would have to pay a final value fee to ebay when your product is sold. It is from 1-7% depending upon which category you list your product.

Apart from that are the shipping charges. For a product of 750 grams you would have to pay Rs 98 and not Rs 49 as the slab is for 500 grams. For any additional weight you would have to add 500 grams.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thanks....

which commision are you talking about  5% ? do you mean paypal fees. ?

I know about final value fee which is 7% for my category...

Regarding shipping charges...Thankf for information.. I got it now....

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

There are 3 type of ebay fees

(!) Listing fees

(2) Final value fees ( Vary acccording to cateogary )

(3) Paisa pay fees ( 4.5% of product price )

Shipping charge extra
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks...This helps....!!!!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

abdshop
Community Member

Hello

I'm using powership its good there is lots of loop hole they puts wrong weight to get more revenew and its takes many months to get your refund back.

they will ask to to take powership after few months they will forgot you and leave on your own

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I totally agree with you that they apply wrong weight to our shipments due to which higher shipping charges are deducted from our account. It used to happen with me rarely few months ago but now every time I ship an order through powership, they overcharge. My category is shoes and usually it falls in under 500 grm slab but nowadays ebay is taking it at 1500 grms! I don't understand what the hell are they trying to do! This wrong & exremely cruel mistake eats up all my profits (and sometimes even more than that!). In today's era, when online marketplaces are wooing online vendors via various means, eBay is giving a **bleep** service.

Holding payments even after the item has been successfully delivered to the customer, mandatory usage of powership service, shipments being returned to us due to non-service (it is happening a lot now), unpaid transaction issues (for which they charge their commission even if the item is not sold!), bad seller support, different department for powership service (they just say please contact powership for shipping issues, as if it is some other company), unexpected debits from our accounts for buyer complaints (they don't even return the defective/non defective product back to us). These are some of the problems I'm facing daily nowadays. 

Moreover, eBay customer support for sellers is disastrous too. I've sent 3 mails for the same issue so that I could get my wrongly debited money, but after over 15 days still there's no response. I can compare it to snapdeal when they guys solve any such problems within a couple of hours after sending my mail. I do business with snapdeal, flipkart, tradus & shopclues apart from ebay but none of them has such non sense behaviour towards their sellers. (Despite I am a powerseller!)

Sorry eBay.in, but if this is your way of handling the huge ecommerce opportunity in India going on right now, then you are screwed. No doubt you are the oldest player in this field but the new players are far better than you, be it shipping, payments, seller support or any other selling issues. I will happily quit selling on it if this continues (or problems grow).

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

abdshop
Community Member

1) No there shipping charge are not less than other

2) packing material you will get 50 Packet if you request for 90

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

abdshop
Community Member
Its just another way to get negative feedback if they did not pick up
as we getting negative feedback due to items never get picked up from aramex
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

v_in542
Community Member

What are the minimum requirements needed?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply