Powership Charges - Possible Scandal

Hello Friends,

We accepted Powership with great thanks and good feeling and of the opinion that One of the best step Ebay has taken is introduction of Powership.

We have never checked Account Balance and charges under Powerwhip. To my great surprise, since few days, I am watching charges applied in items are very very arbitrary, unrealistic and Ebay is misusing the system in a very big way silently.

For 100 grams-200 grams packets of a value of 500-800 are charged between Rs 80-100-120 whimsically.

When I wrote to them, they promised to see to it in 10-12 days. After few days, they credited a meagre amount to our account. I again wrote to them my dissatisfaction of charges but they did not replied.

What we feel, Ebay has found this Powership to earn big money.

Ebay will go on charging hefty amounts regularly, we will go on writing, they will reverse a tiny amount after 10-12 days.

I understand, most of Ebay Sellers do not know this and if seller writes, Ebay will only see to it, rest are charged exorbitantly.

Ebay Must find out a honest, judicious mentality for a long lasting relation otherwise good sellers will not remain.

May God give enough strength and good sense to Ebay.

Navin

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Yes. Same Here. Ebay Is Earning Hefty Amount From poership Charges. 

When We Call Them They Said Its Sysem Problem ?

I think We Need To Tell To Ebay India country Manager About This ?

What You Think

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The same thing has started happening to me. However, I think this has to do with Bluedart and not eBay directly. They don't weigh the parcels and simply enter any weight of their liking which is then updated in the eBay system. I haven't encountered any such issue with Fedex. I suggest eBay to get rid of Bluedart from the Powership program till they fix these issues.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

i've always talked about it. apart from the name 'ebay', everything else related to ebay india is just nasty--be it ccr, or paisapay or powership. never got answer to one single question i have------if powership is such a brilliant feature, why is it essential for ebay india to blackmail sellers to make them go for it? bundle of advantages are promised---at the same time non-powershippers are

being deprived of certain features that were for them too before. ebay is kinda forcing this powership, alone that suggests that it

gotta be nasty. ebay india is hell greedy, and this greed with time will simply kill the smooth relations between buyers and sellers here. ebay india took quite a few steps in the last few months---and the logics they placed are so childish. they think they have the advantage of handling tons of 'indian fools'. sorry to say ebay india, you're worse than 4th graders in mathematics and logic, sure you're still getting business, but thats cuz people don't have much options. i'm using a few other sites, and actually i'm at least 10 times more satisfied there. will be happy to leave, but still here just cuz of the old habit.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Hello Sellonline, 

You are absolutely correct but even after a relation for nearly 9 years, we even do not know, how to send message to Country Manager in case of gross negligence by Ebay. Do not know, how to do this. But this is certain, Ebay's custome care is very bad and non-responsive.

May God give enough wisdom to survive.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Hello,

You are absolutely correct. It is happening most of the time in case of Blue Dart. Do not know, how it will be solved but Ebay is squizzing behind the scene. If you calculate all expenses on account of Ebay, it will be mush more than what a seller earns. No good reputed seller can list his items in Ebay. Only Pass time sellers can continue with no after sales responsibility.
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Dear dbo71173,

Since a long time,we as sellers, have suggested many good steps to Ebay but with absolutely no result. In course of time, many e-commerce websites have started and I think cream of the sales are being taken by these sites because of best after sales services. Ebay's worst part is their customer service.And as a result, problems are piled up and slowly dies with no results. 

In my opinion, customer care dept. are more responsible for Ebay degradation. By selling an item of Rs 8-, sometimes, a charge of Rs 150-200 is being charged on different accounts.

Powership is again such a scam where all parcels of 100-200 grams are being charged from Rs 55-110 regularly and they instruct us to write in a format to get back. Every time, we have to fill up that form and they will reply in 10-12 days. In some cases, they credit us by a neagre amount of 10-20 Rs.

I do not know, how much price we will have to charge to list an item.

Very negative situation.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

i keep reading about this strange problem, lots of buyers are saying that many other sites are selling at better prices. i deal in

coins/stamps/notes, so naturally don't have to face this problem----but lately i've been checking many different categories, and at times it seems true that prices on ebay are a bit frustrating. have you guys thought about the reasons and the possible checks?

and you're right, ebay india customer care is a real 'classroom of low grade students'. and this happened very quickly, even 2 years

back it wasn't this way. no doubt ebay india is in the hands of a very inefficient management at the moment. i'm amused to see how

on one hand ebay is increasing business all over the world, and on the other, ebay is losing ground each day in india. is there any customer care at all? i talked to a couple of girls some months back, they did type english, but i couldn't comprehend as the sentences had no possible meanings. and a few days back i had a chat with a guy, he first told me about a rule, i asked him to show me---he took a 180 degree turn and assured me things would be ok. nothing became ok, and its clear that he didn't have a clue actually. so there we are---these guys don't know english, and they don't know much about ebay policies----how would we expect any help from them? oh oh yeah, ebay pets are efficient though...if i write *****, they will edit in a minute, haha.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Yes Everyone is true. I sometime sell Card Which Ebay Weight 500 grams for 1 piece.

But Actual Weight is 30grams.

If buyer buy 10 pieces ebay weigh 5kg . To that it will cost me 500rs . 

So I used to write ebay powership team they have not responded uptil now. 

So I Think that ebay country manager need to look in this matter. 

Ebay Powership Team is useless and hopeless. 

Also Are you also facing packing material shortage ?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I'm facing issues with the packaging material as well. They are yet to provide me any packaging material. I've been e-mailing them for the past 2-3 weeks, but they don't even bother to reply. The least they could do is tell us when it will be available but they don't care..

Message 10 of 19
latest reply