Paisapay & Ebay fees need to slash down

android.curve1
Community Member
Dear Co-sellers,

Since many new websites are coming up with heavy advertisement through Newspaper and television. And offering very low prices for most of products we are selling here with better support and easy payment methods.

You can see almost 60% of ebay business is diverted to other websites.

As sellers we earn just 2-3 percent margin and suffer with lost shipments damaged items and buyers problems and at the same time need to keep feedbacks up to date.

On other hand Ebay has nothing to worry as they have 7.5 Percent fees + Listing fees+ Features Fees

On some category they have almost 15 percent fees as well.

This forum is to press ebay to slash down their profits so we can Earn and also we will be in position of providing Lowest prices on online marketplace.

1. Paisapay fees should be not more than 3-3.5%
2. There should not be final value fees but listing fees can be increased so only serious sellers will list products and limited products as you see some sellers have listed more than 1-2 lakh products and they do not have them all in stock as well.

3. EMI Charges i do not know why this burden is on seller where buyers are benefited from EMI. Buyers account should get debited for EMI

4. Ebay should offer seller protections for buyer frauds, They have this product but they never give any buyer protection and all emails always go unanswered but all buyer protection emails and calls we receive without delay and bullying Claim adjusters ready to refund buyers without proper communication and close cases.

I think if ebay should think over it to get back their market share and to kill competitors.

Regards
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

android.curve1
Community Member
Now we are not able to give lowest prices online since many companies are coming up with their own payment gateway and site and also they have huge supply so ebay business will go down

better ebay should slash some fees so we can keep our business alive
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

verodiatrading
Community Member
Completely agree! They are charging too much. Its not only our loss its ebay's loss also. Paisapay charges are too high.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

ziggarette2012
Community Member
Just sold my xbox 360 with kinect.. my firs sale ever.. and was shocked... i got a buyer for 22000 but ebay charged 1400 as FVF and Listing charges. Then Paisa pay deducted more than 1000 as charges. Now i ended up selling my xbox for 19500 effectively:(
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

android.curve1
Community Member
Well Now everyone Knows!!!

Shipping charges go higher and Higher with time,

Employees Salaries Goes increasing every six months,

Ebay fees and promotion fees increases time to time

Expenses goes high after gap of period!!!!

Buyers Expections goes higher & higher

Sellers Margin Goes down after every month review

Compitation is increasing within ebay and other websites

Now Ebay team please consider this And reduce fees and paisapay charges!!!

I sell a laptop worth 50000 Rs and i earn 500-600 while ebay will Earn 4000 Rs (Justice justice)
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

urbeautifull
Community Member
Ebay is robbing money from the sellers. I don't understand why should there be 'listing fees' and pasisa pay charges at all!!!!! Without listing we can't sell, so if a product doesn't get sold in 6 months, which can happen, so I'll have to pay nearly INR 24!!!!! Moreover, pasiapay is their own payment gateway, why should they charge us at all!!!!!???!!!!!! Stealing money!! I can't increase the item prices because the customers won't buy. Without increasing it is utter loss for me!!!!! Shame on Ebay!!!! Goons
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

urbeautifull
Community Member
Had there been another website to sell, I would never ever come back to Ebay. Ebay = Injustice. Ebay is stealing money in the daylight!!! Oh now the service tax also increased from 10% to 12%
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

I sold a laptop for 31k ebay got 2.4k and i made 0.5k. after payin shippin charges. for a emi buyer. I dont think its justified.
Ebay also charges for parts of laptop too much 5% its not a accessory of the laptop. like ram and hard drives and screen. its not a add on device i dont no why they charge 5% as add on accessory of laptop.
also software are charged too much 5% we dont get much from it too.
if paisapay and FVF can be brought down to 5% total inc for emi that would be better or automatically buyers should be asked to pay extra for emi while paying for it.EMI is benifit for buyers only.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

dimpu100
Community Member
EBay is cheating people, i wont ever sell anything on ebay again!!wats this insertion charges n paisa pay charges??? google n we can get 100's free site to sell!!
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
dimpu100

yes but put on those sites and you will never get your item/items sell for one year
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

backpacker2211
Community Member
Hi android.curve1,

All the new startups that are offering low prices aren't making any money in their business. They are mostly venture-funded, and have a high "burn rate", i.e. they are making huge losses each month all to attract and build a sizable customer base so their valuations increase.

Even flipkart is losing money - they are spending a large amount to build their brand (advertising) and in warehousing and logistics (next day delivery for most items). Thus they do have a loyal customer base even though some sellers on ebay might sell items for a lower cost than them.

Amazon took more than 10 years to become profitable in the US, which is a much bigger market than India.

It is very likely that very few of the new ecommerce startups will exist a few years from now. They will be acquired by larger competitors or simply shut shop after having burnt through their available funds.

Which brings me to the situation at ebay India. How many of the sellers are actually making efforts to build their own brand separate from ebay? Right now ebay is doing all the marketing and advertising and therefore it is justified in getting a lion's share of the margins. ebay India's profit figures are not published but it is likely to be negative right now, in spite of what the "7.5 Percent fees + Listing fees+ Features Fees" would make you believe. A lot of buyers use a coupon for every purchase they make, there are presently 10% coupons available. Do the math and figure out if ebay can make a profit on that transaction after paying bank/credit card charges, website charges, employee charges, etc.

In such a situation, sellers on ebay are amongst the very few people making a profit in the whole ecommerce environment in India. Asking ebay to increase their losses in India so that sellers can make a larger profit seems unfair in that case.

If you are serious about selling and looking at your business from a long term perspective, you should take the following steps:

1. Focus on building a better user interface - Have a well-designed website outside of ebay with shoppers forum / product review sections, have a better looking ebay shop (look at some of the excellent shops on ebay.com and ebay.com.au built using Magento for inspiration)

2. Build your own brand separate from ebay - advertise as much as you can, use custom images with your logo in them, engage with your account manager to offer exclusive deals / coupons on your items, etc.

3. Focus on growth - Once you achieve volumes through the above steps, your transaction costs can come down both on ebay (powersellers) or elsewhere. If you have successfully built your brand and your own website, moving part of your business from ebay to places like buildabazaar shouldn't affect you too much.

Buildabazaar has a higher fixed monthly cost, but charges lower transactional fees than ebay. But it also has a lower visibility and customer base than ebay.

If you think you can eventually grow big enough to have a standalone website like flipkart where your per-transaction cost would be the lowest (but your fixed costs would be very high), make good volumes and profit but compete on cost against all the present ecommerce websites that are making a loss, then you are living under a huge delusion.

So stick to the appropriate ecommerce partners as per your business size, and make the right investments in branding and user experience, and it will definitely pay off for you. All the best!
Message 20 of 26
latest reply