cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not eligible for Powership, which Courier method to use, DTDC charging 125/- Per Packet <250gm

I am the new seller on eBay and shipped around 4-5 Products so far. eBay says I am not eligible for Powership.

Can someone tell me which courier I should be using which is cheap & reliable. Currently using DTDC and had the contract with them but it is costing me around 125 Rupees per shipment which is below 250 GM (Mostly electronic items of price around 1000-1200)

Its realy squeezing my profit margins and at times I had to sell the product at no profit no loss as most of the margin is eaten by DTDC.

eBay says I will be eligible for Power Ship only once I sell 30 Products, Can someone pls guide me how true that is and why that condition from eBay ?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Not eligible for Powership, which Courier method to use, DTDC charging 125/- Per Packet <250gm

Same thing is happening to me. I am also a new seller on eBay.in. I put my item on the site and I got a prepaid order. As I am not eligible for PowerShip program, I needed to ship the item myself. When I went to courier the item, they were charging Rs. 150 and other courier agency was charging Rs. 120, whereas my whole item costs Rs. 190. So, I didn't courier the item and let them cancel and refund the amount to the buyer.

After that, I got an e-mail from eBay that I am enrolled in a PowerShip Program as an exception which was a very good news for me. I then registered my ID for online selling program and took part in it and asked a couple of questions too.

Now, I again got the orders, but nobody is coming for pickup. I've e-mailed 10s of times and talked to customer care by phone and they say "you are not eligible for PowerShip program, so we cannot provide you this service." I told them that I got an e-mail from eBay about this, but nobody listens.

I got no reply from e-Bay, but keep getting e-mails about pending courier details and canceling the order" and then finally the orders got canceled. I mean, what the hell is that. Why such kind of eligibility rules. We are not appearing for any PCS or MBBS exams that first we have to go through the competitive exams and pass it with good grades and then get admission in the top most college. Why such rules ??

Paying Rs. 150 as courier charges for an item worth Rs. 190 ??. We are here to earn some money and not to lose it.

I wanted to become a regular seller on eBay, but now I don't. I've now removed my item from eBay sellers portal too.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply