Non paying bidders

raghukashi
Community Member
When I was buying on ebay, I was glad to see they introduced lot of policies to protect the buyers. One of them was not paying the sellers until item is received by the buyer.

I am new to ebay selling. I had put a cellphone for sale. The winning bidder never paid. I got final value credit, but the entire process starting from listing took 2 weeks. I listed it second time and the same thing happened again. I am not a regular seller and I cannot waste my time like this. When I called the buyer and told him he is bound to purchase the item according to ebay policy, he told me to ask ebay in that case.

When buyer bids, he is committing to purchase the item. But there isn't anything to make sure he does pay for the item. Why can't ebay ask user to pay upfront (or atleast some part as advance) during the bid, and refund if bidder did not win, and money of the winning bidder transferred only after buyer gets the item? This will protect both seller's and buyer's interest. It will also stop non-serious bidders from participating in the auction.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Non paying bidders

sn-shoppe
Community Member
NOW U COME TO KNOW HOW HEADACHE IS SELLING ON EBAY,

EBAY BUYERS & BIDDERS NEVER UNDERSTAND SELLER EFFORTS & TIME THEY GIVE FOR LISTING,

MANY OF OUR INDIAN BUYERS OF EBAY MAKING FUN & FAKE BIDS & WASTING SELLER TIME & EFFORTS,

NOW DAYS EVERY SELLER OF EBAY KNOW ABOUT THIS.

REGARDS LAKSHMI
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

sn-shoppe
Community Member
AS YOUR NEW TO EBAY SELLING PLEASE PUT IN BUY IT NOW PRICE WITH FREE SHIPPING PUT THIS FOR 30 DAYS LISTING HOPE FULLY IT WILL SELL, TRY IT
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

This is very correct. I tried selling a phone through ebay auction, two buyers made bids. After auction listing time is over i had sent the invoice for payment for the highest bidder, the buyer did not respond even after repeated emails, finally opened up unpaid item case and then the buyer responded saying he doesn't want the phone becos its a used phone. It was clearly mentioned in the listing its a used. I again relisted the item and i am waiting for the payment again from another bidder. Ebay has to do something about this to stop these kind of crooks. Best way should be permanently banning these unpaid item strike buyers from making anymore transaction on ebay.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

coolcircuit
Community Member
I agree, but once I also had difficulties in paying through paisapay. I resolved issue by contacting seller and paying by NEFT. As a seller, you should offer all payment methods to buyers.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

sales.india
Community Member
see one who is having problem paying my paisapy should communicate with seller..we will put another listing for same price..with other options...
but buyers show tantrums after bidding when we request them to initiate payment,,
they say"KAL PHONE KARIYE PARSO PHONE KARIYE." as if we are selling credit cards or demat accounts.
and most of these buyers(Sorry fake bidders:-p)
are from URBAN SPACES..
i have buyers from bihar,jharkhand,rural areas who supposedly should not know about these things...but they are the one who promptly pay for the bids.,.
I THINK WE SHOULD OBSERVE THE TREND AND GET SOME PRODUCT FOR RURAL MARKET...still lot to capture in that space..
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

sales.india
Community Member
and ya one more things guys please leave a feedback who doesnt pay stating "not paid" or anything such so that when they bid on our items we sellers will get to know about there background.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

ratnachhaya
Community Member
Two issues I am facing almost every week...

1) Buyer with "0" feedback purchase item and moment later send question " where is my item" without even bothering to Pay.

2) Buyers who purchase and forget about paying and it seems they use fake email as well as we never get reply from them.

I have had to tell a buyer (coin worth 69.99 with free s/h)recently from Calcutta that I am taking flight tomm morning and will deliver coin personally provided he pay me as he thought seller should deliver it before payment and within hours of purchase.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

Send one invoice when the auction ends. If someone doesn't pay, add the person to your blocked bidders list then file an unpaid item dispute against them 4 days after end of the auction (no need for additionally emails. The unpaid item dispute is a reminder that they need to pay). Four days after that filing the dispute, close it. The non payer gets an unpaid item strike and you get your final value fee credit. Additionally, non payers cannot leave feedback. Do not relist or make a second chance offer until after you have received your final value fee credit.

I do not know if it available in India but if you can, send items using some sort of recordable delivery method. Something that shows up online as being delivered to the recipient. This will help you win item not received disputes.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

You cannot leave feedback for a non payer stating they did not pay. You can only leave positive feedback for them and since they did not pay, do not leave any feedback for them.

If you leave a positive feedback with a negative comment, ebay will remove it if the buyer reports it.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply