cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ebay becoming a facilitator for buyer cheats!!

Fellow buyers 

I have recently in the last two months had two buyers defraud me and one case I am sharing with you.  This could have been prevented had ebay claims believed me, a seller of 4 years standing, rather than a buyer with 0 feedback and credibility from Bhagalpur, Bihar.  The buyer bought an item a Nokia Lumia LCD DISPLAY ASSEMBLY worth Rs 4100 and imemdiately filed a claim on reciept that he had recd only an LCD display and not complete assembly.  I knew that a cheat had gotten to work!  Then ebay claims asks him for snaps which he dutifully uploads, asks me for resolution in which I state that I had sent a complete assembly and even posted snaps showing what a complete assembly looked like and gave google search links.  But all that fell on deaf ears.  Finally the buyer was asked to ship back the item which he did and on opening his parcel I find a broken only lcd display of Nokia Lumia 1020.  Imemdiately same day ebay claims refunds him so he gets to keep my assembly for Rs 4100 and his money too!!  As usual the formailty of seller protection was offered asking me to send " further proof of shipment"  !!!  Which moron would ask for that.  Anyways sent him the DTDC slip scanned and which was promptly rejected stating " claim criteria not eligible".  So is this what ebay has come down to. A seller who has sold 10000 plus item versus a unknown charracter from a town with a dubious reputation.  And of course David wins versus Goliath!!  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

pardon my error Fellow sellers

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've been buying from eBay since 2000 when it was still Baazee.com but have never sold anything. Nevertheless I can sympathize with sellers who have to deal with dishonest buyers and some of the baffling practices by eBay itself.

Your mention of being asked to send "further proof of shipment" reminds me of an example of those baffling practices. I have had to claim a refund a few times in the past. On some of those occasions, I was asked to provide further proof of payment. I've always paid by PaisaPay ever since they introduced it and they should have records of every detail of the transaction. Asking for further proof is downright silly.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

HI
ALL
WE HAVE BEEN FRAUDED AS WELL.
WE are extremely disappointed and frustrated with the way this claim has proceeded, the Buyer filed a claim with Claim ID : 2343179 PaisaPay ID : 43697291068. As per buyer, he returned the item which never reached us and shared (TRACKING ID : K2356894, courier : dtdc)which seems to be fake as its not traceable. Based on info provided by buyer, claim adjuster approved the claim in favor of buyer on 1 Oct 2016 without investigating the authenticity of tracking info provided buyer .So far seller wasn’t kept in loop , neither was he informed about the claim nor it was updated in system panel under Ebay Guarantee(check screenshot). Nobody was bothered to inform us about the high value claim (RS 15999/-).when we called Ebay and probed we were informed that this claim has already resolved in favor of buyer which shocked us because we haven t received any call or product back .On top of that we are failed to understand how claim adjuster allowed buyer to re ship the product back to us without consulting us and Moreover this item was covered under Manufacturer warranty if there was issue buyer could have easily brought to service center or contacted us for better solution of matter . The whole incident has left us helpless now we are frightened to expand our business with Ebay
We urge you to resolve this matter as soon before we lose our confidence with Ebay . We are completely shattered with incident, we Expect more cooperation with Ebay as this is High Value order (RS15999/-)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sad to hear about the high loss of Rs 15999.  Nowadays it is hard to earn but easy to lose!!  We have been cheated many a times in our selling of 4 years, recently a buyer from Allahabad claimed he did not recieve a lcd display worth Rs 6000 although it was sent through powership aramex. All he did was send snaps of an empty plastic box and the torn powership bag and voila! he was granted a refund of Rs 6000. So we lost our money like bingo!  Then we were asked to send ' further proof of shipment'!  I sent the copy of Aramex signed manifest but that was not enough for ebay claims and ultimately the seller protection application was rejected. A seller of four years standing had no credibility before a zero feedback buyer of 1 month membership!!  In other words in the eyes of teh claim adjuster I was telling a lie that I had sent the item properly packed and a one time buyer from Allahabad was teling the truth. It may be possible that Aramex staff at Allahabad may have pilfered the item as it is quite common in Bihar and UP for courier staff to do that but why should we not be given the benefit of the doubt!!!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

abdshop
Community Member

arre bhai even i got my account got suspended due to false claims.  its very good tool if some buddy want to demage your reputation just 4 or 5 gurante claims and negative feedback and your compiditor is out from ebay thats so easy and we are victum of that

Message 6 of 6
latest reply