Is TIN or CST necessary for us?

hi guys, i am considering to start selling on ebay, **bleep** facing a few difficulties, I dont have a vat/cts/tin number.. can i ship the item without the tin no. on the invoice, will the courier company accept it for delivery without the tin no. on invoice ( bluedart site says that they wont accept **bleep** i have received item from mumbai to delhi without tin on the invoice, ) items like wallet and things do not need an invoice **bleep** such coz there isnt any warranty that the user would need to claim to the company later. i heard that u cannot register for vat/tin unless u have a particular amout of income from ur business then how is it possible for a new seller to ship the item. and can i opt for powership offered by ebay, is it available to new sellers, the courier company asks a very high price unless u  tie up with them for montly shipments .. can anyone throw a light on that,, experience sellers please take time to reply and help me on that..

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

NO TIN OR VAT Number required. i have been selling on ebay with out these with no issues.
Courier people never asks for these details.
Happy selling
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

thanks for the answer bro, you help is just invaluable 🙂

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for your input. However, I checked with Fedex and they are asking for TIN. It will be great if you can tell us which courier do you use

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Bluedart/fedex etc if they open a/c , they will give monthly billing . so to open a/c they need company regn certificate/ TIN. 

To open a bank a/c in the bank in comany name also , you need TIN.

Everybody starts with DTDC/ First Flight. when you have good sales ,then you can approach Fedex/ Bluedart.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

So for  DTDC and First Flight you dont need a TIn/Vat no for making a longterm contract?

@paylessindia wrote:

Bluedart/fedex etc if they open a/c , they will give monthly billing . so to open a/c they need company regn certificate/ TIN. 

Everybody starts with DTDC/ First Flight. when you have good sales ,then you can approach Fedex/ Bluedart.

@paylessindia wrote:

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi, You are required to get VAT registration even if you are doing trading online. Once you sell taxable goods in any state, you need to get registration and collect and pay vat to the state(subject to certain conditions)
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Its best to apply and get TIN and CST as we sell across the states in india. So one can run their business legally with out any issues. You can also get loans from banks to grow your business if your company registered and paying taxes. I know it cost for registration but I recommend get it when your business is in right path with good no of sales

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hi, if your annual turnover is below 5 lakh, you can sell your goods without vat number to your state not other states. But keep the records of your sales is absolutely necessary necessary, all the goods you shipped through courier/logistic company pass through check post so any check post officer can call you for any clarification about your parcel!! It is legal to sell goods to your state without vat number if your annual turnover is below 5 lakhs, but keep the records of sell!!!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hey,

any other cerficate is required.

please confirm. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply