cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

India Post declaration letter . Help me Please...

Dear ebay sellers..

i kindly request you to give me the details of India Post declaration letter .  Because, whenever buyer opens climes, ebay staffs asking me to submit  declaration letter from India Post.

When i asked about this declaration letter at India Post office, they even don't know about the word declaration letter .

If any one got declaration letter from India Post please kindly share with us, so that i can show to them and ask for the declaration letter.

Also it will help tons of sellers.

Reagrds,

Danny

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

you're perhaps talking abt POD--proof of delivery.

yeah, india post has that provision.

ask about proof of delivery, they will tell you

what to do. you'll have to fill up a form, declare what you're shipping etc.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If you send your item by Speed Post and Registered post attach acknowledgement form duly filled with packet. When postman will deliver article to buyer he will obtained buyer,s signature on acknowledgement. Postal deptt. will deliver signed acknowledgement to you. It is treated as proof of delivery.

Postal deptt. charges 10.00 extra for providing this service. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

i too send goods through indian post...sometimes the it happens indian post delivers and the buyer is unaware as its collected by someone from the house or security person etc

so in this case first raise a complaint on http://ccc.cept.gov.in/ComplaintRegistration.aspx

then go to the booking office and ask them to resolve asap basis..generally after 2 days go to the booking post office and ask them to give a letter ...now my understanding with post office ppl is good so i get it by hand 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I face same problem. If you get declaration letter please tell me How I get this. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

plz tell me how to get declaration letter any person tell me how get plz help
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hello 

Declaration letter and POD are 2 different documents what ebay needs a clear statement written on India post letter head duly signed and attested that so and so shipment is delivered.

However no logistic company issues such kind of letter which is demanded by ebay claim team. Its a faulty process which is followed at ebay claim team just to wash their hands off and close the claim.

If you have a account manager speak to him or using powership service than Just call the CS of logistic and ask for the local branch operation head details speak to him and get it scrpted that they do not follow such process and slap them on ebay's claim team face you will get your credit.

Actually the ebay CS team is flooded with buch of low IQ staffs thats why you facing such problems.

Regards

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Same is asked by ebay to me. Declaration from Post office.
Receiver is accepting that parcel is received but still eBay asking drs. Weight proof that is affidavit from Post office, how post office will give affidavit? Who will sign it, Ebay wanted to shut the claim and eat the money.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Dear Sellers,

I faced similar problem which a buyer contacted me to ask why the item is not delivered although when I tracked it online, it was delivered to his residence. I feared that he may open a claim therefore I went to the booking office of India Post. However the official there told me that I need to contact the Post Office which delivered the item. Only it will provide the written letter. I asked him to simply sign and put a stamp on the printed copy of online tracking but he refused.

It is important to know that Ebay shows willingness to accept the copy of online tracking with Post Office stamp and sign of the official as proof of delivery. However in my experience, the Post Office from where item was booked is not going to even provide this. 

So the next thing I did was as following:-

I tweeted to the twitter handle of Chief Post Master General of Karnataka since item was to be delivered in Karnataka. I told him that they have delivered item to wrong address since the receiver didn't get it. And I also asked for proof of delivery so I may know where the item was delivered.

In few hours I got a reply with an email address of local official where the item was to be delivered. I was asked to send email for proof of delivery. I sent the email and in 24 hours got a pdf file as proof of delivery. It had signature of postman as well a senior official along with post office's stamp. They had even written on it that item was delivered to the concerned person (buyer's name) and his address.

Luckily I didn't had to use it since buyer did receive the item but didn't knew at the time. I hope it helps you guys as well.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

The only thing you have to do is visit Post Office and handover a letter to the Post Master requesting for a POD. Here in my case he told me to wait for a week time and i would receive it in my own address itself the proof of delivery. Hope i would be getting it soon. I have attach the letter of POD which i had submiited to the Post Master, hope it might help anyone of you. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply