cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Importer Exporter Code Number' HOW TO APPLY; SOLVED!!! CHEERS!!!

akshaye1982
Community Member
The following instructions are to be followed while filling-in the application form for the grant of Importer-Exporter Code Number.

STEP 1:

Goto: http://www.ap.nic.in/jdgft/iec.htm

Costs Rs. 1,000 only by DD + Rs 50 (max) for postage stamp. Please do not go to a broker and land up paying 10 grand for this job :-p. Turn around time is about 3-5 weekdays :-D.

STEP 2:

Prepare your documents. Make a checklist of required documents (there are 3-4 options, selects what may best suit you). Goto your Chartered Accountant :-x and he will process the legalities as far as agreements/ taxation/ current account number/ PAN no. (company PAN number necessary) etc. Approx. cost you Rs. 2000 or less excl the bank deposit (a/c opening). The whole process can be complete within 2 weeks ;-).

STEP 3:

Download the IEC form here http://www.ap.nic.in/jdgft/downloads_new.htm

STEP 4:

Prepare a DD of Rs. 1,000.

Read the application form instructions carefully. attach photographs and relevant documents. Sign each page of the appl form.

A self addressed stamped envelope for dispatching of the IEC by Speed Post.

Other imp resources: http://dgftcom.nic.in/exim/2000/indexapp.htm

LICENSING AUTHORIY IN BANGALORE (KAR JURISDICTION)
;\ Address of The Joint Director General of Foreign Trade,C & E Wing, 6th Floor, Kendriya Sadan, 7th Main, Road II Block, Koramangala,2nd Block Bangalore 560034 Tel:080-5537213/14/15Fax:080-5537214E-Mail bngdgft@kar.nic.in

DISCLAIMER - I am new to eBay and did not find any relevant information on the community board. This is extract is research on the relevant websites and a short chat with my CA. This is the correct procedure however I am yet to apply for this myself. But then I am not willing to get conned by agents for 9 Grand when I can do the job my friendly CA and myself. At last, if you have a more detailed guide, which I will post after I receive my IEC number, please don’t hesitate to share it with the community. Other users of my guide please follow these instructions unless you have a better source. I will vet your comments for improving this GUIDE for future entrepreneurs. Unless I give a go ahead please do not follow another thread. PEACE! ?:|

Good luck and have fun. B-)
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

5071pravin
Community Member
we are working out a deal to import around 50 ipod nano and 50 ipod video models and are working out formalities for the same.
We are having a small doubt that will it be possible to import them without going through few norms? and how much customs they charge for importing this electronic items?
Message 11 of 45
latest reply

Annual Return after getting IEC Code

I see you always help new members in their queries. One more query from me is that after getting IEC Code, will I have to send any Annual Return to DGFT regarding US Dollars received into my bank acount.
Message 12 of 45
latest reply

smitakap
Community Member
Dear Akshay
I myself am interested in doing international business.Do I need this Importer-Exporter Code Number even if I'll be selling ebooks.
Thanks
Smita
Message 13 of 45
latest reply

kekawali19
Community Member
Getting IEC code or import export liscence is good when you are exporting or importing somthing in bulk.I had also heard about ECGC,Export credit guarantee corporation, i think they can also give us good advice on import and related to import duties. In electronic item such as ipod you have to pay 30% import duty. This depends on of how much invoice is of. But the custom department brings uniformity in price irrespective of how much amount of invoice had been made. Better to contact importers to get goods in lower cost i think.
Message 14 of 45
latest reply

sowmya29
Community Member
akshave1982,
I really thank you for the info.. It is very useful for ppl like me who are contemplating IE code ..I shall get back to you after you get one..
regards,
naraynan
Message 15 of 45
latest reply

gwaliorsspl
Community Member
hi akshey,
great work, you must be helping lots of people like me who need help in applying for IEC, first tell me have you got your IEC? I have a company which is 2 years old (proprietorship) and is registered with the sales tax dept. since april 04 but unfortunately i had not done any business in that company, and hence have not filed ITRs, sales tax returns have been filed for 0.00 business, this is the case, now i want to apply for IEC in this companys name, i have few doubts in my mind :

1. Is it necessary for a company to be 03 years old (they have asked for past 03 years ITRs) ?
2. Is it necessary to be a functioning company ?
3. Can a new co. apply for a IEC?
4. What is the application fees?
5. What is the total expenditure?
6. Can you send me a check list of documents to be attached?

Hope to receive your reply soon.
Thanks.
Nitin Shukla.
Message 16 of 45
latest reply

parthatanu
Community Member
Validity of Import Export License (IE CODE)
I am partha from west bengal.I have planned to get an IE license(IE CODE).
But I don't know the Validity of Import Export License (IE CODE).
Also I want to know,Licence Application procedure through ONLINE DGFT web site (its Validity) or office.
Online(DGFT web site) application procedure and submit all document.
1. What is the application fees?
Please tell me.As soon as possible.
Message 17 of 45
latest reply

parthatanu
Community Member
Validity of Import Export License (IE CODE)
I am partha from west bengal.I have planned to get an IE license(IE CODE).
But I don't know the Validity of Import Export License (IE CODE).
Also I want to know,Licence Application procedure through ONLINE DGFT web site
(its Validity) or office.Online(DGFT web site) application procedure and submit all
document.
1. What is the application fees?
Please tell me.As soon as possible.
Thanks.
Message 18 of 45
latest reply

overdrive_geared2win
Community Member
Hi akshaye,
Guess ur doing some good work by giving gr8 info to beginners!! I need some info too...
Proprietor...new venture...no sales tax nmbr or shops and establishment nmbr yet...only pan!
So can I apply???? Coz if i wanna start in a legal way from the beginning, i obviously dont have returns na!!

Plzz tell me!

Regards,
Dhanashree
Message 19 of 45
latest reply

globustouch
Community Member
Hi! akshaye
I must say your tips are extremely precise and informative.
Please keep us posted as regards international trading and documentation.
One question: If an Ebayer accepts PAYPAL and deposits the cheque from PAYPAL is that transaction valid in the IT point of view ?
Thanks.
GLOBUSTOUCH
Message 20 of 45
latest reply