How to register for GST No ?

ardev22
Community Member

I am located in BANGALORE , KARNATAKA.   I am NOT a tax payer, I am a senior citizen of 78 yrs,  I have no earning of my own. 

STILL have I got to register for GST No to sell in eBay.in  ?  If so how do I go about it,please ?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: How to register for GST No ?

Contact your nearest CA. Only he can help. Even the CA are confused. But note CA will charge you anywhere between rs4500 to 8000 just to get gstin. GST have destroyed livelyhood of many like you. Question is after the product cost selling fees and CA fees ,can you still make profit?

I have send a dozen questions ( GST related )on email id provided on https://www.gst.gov.in/ but havn't got a single reply yet. This means you have to pay CA fees.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I could help you out on getting registered on GST.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Your age etc is irrelevant when it comes to GST. If you are selling on e-commerce platform then GST is mandatory. The best way to go would be to take services of Chartered Accountant. He may charge around Rs 1500 to Rs 3000 to get you a GST.

If you want to register on your own then go to gst.govt.in and register. Choose Proprietership to describe yourself. You must have Pan Card and Aadhar Card ready. Pan is your own name would work. If you are doing business from home then Electricity Bill in your name would suffice. If house is rented then Rent Agreement would be required. In any other case, simply get the NOC from owner on plain paper.

The tricky part would be Jurisdiction Code for State and Centre. While link is provided on the gst portal itself to find out central jurisdiction, the state would be tricky. Try searching this information on State's VAT website otherwise meet the local tax commissioner and he/she would help.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

You are slightly mistaken here, for GSTIN you will first need current account in the bank which is not available without shop licence and for shop licence you need to first give security deposit which is 25000-30000/- and then you have 52 GST filing every year and then file tax return also so you have to pay the CA also.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Wow this is so great, Ache din sach mein aagaye. Mera Bharat Mahaan.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

You are wrong on every count.

1. Sole Proprietor don't need current account. I have already spoken to multiple CA's in this regard. Your savings account would suffice.

2. You won't have to pay Rs 25,000 security for Shop Licence unless you have more than 100 employees. For sellers with no labour, the charges would be around Rs 2500-3000. 

3. Online sellers will have to fill only GSTR 1 form every month and not all the 52 forms which I don't know who told you. Some of these forms are not even related to e-commerce selling. You have toi provide details of all your sales through GSTR 1 form. The GSTR 2 form will auto populate once your supplier files his return. Your supplier will mention the sales made to you along with your GSTIN in his GSTR 1 form. That detail will automatically be added in your GSTR 2 Form. All you have to do is check the form and verify if the amount and other details provided by the supplier are correct or not.

4. Indeed some people will have to hire CA to file returns but that is normal. Even earlier under VAT regime, people had to hire CAs. Although filing under GST is rather easy, especially for e-commerce sellers. There are a lot of tutorial videos on Youtube which you can see. You can even take help of CA once in filing the return and then do it yourself in future.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

i think you should become a gst consultant as you seem to know everything, Also I see that your book selling has not done very well so its better you become a consultant.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

You are perfectly right here regarding the SB act and shop license. And yes there are no 52 forms. After some research found ecommerce seller can get gst with sb act, filing rtn is also easy. Only problem is list ur products on portals were remittance is processed fast, with 1 week.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

CA charge varies from city to city. In my area its very high 4000 to 8000 just for gstin.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply