cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add credit/ debit card to Paypal account?

Dears,
I have been receiving funds in my PayPal account for the past some time. As the balance is increasing, I need to verify my membership to withdraw more funds per month. For that I need to add a credit/ debit card. I have a VISA debit card from HDFC Bank.

1. How could that be added to my PayPal account?
2. Is there any other procedure to verify or maybe a better option than PayPal?

Awaiting your early response.

Thanks & Regards

Shahnawaz
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to add credit/ debit card to Paypal account?

mohitjojojacob
Community Member
This information may be of help to you:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/ebayexplained/paypal/verification.html
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your message, but the fact is that I can't add a Bank account or Debit/ Cedit Card in the first place. Everything else comes aferwards.
What I want to confirm is that does PayPal accept only Cedit Cards from Indian customers and not Debit Cards even if they have a VISA/ MasterCard LOGO???

Regards

Shahnawaz
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

mohitjojojacob
Community Member
you should have an internationally valid cc.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This was a question I posted in November last year. And now I have the answer as well: "You can, as an Indian, verify your PayPal account using your VISA Debit Card from a Bank that has the facility of generating Virtual Credit Cards (like HDFC bank's NetSafe Cards) for online shopping.
The procedure is like this:
1. Generate a new Virtual Credit Card (INR 100 would do).
2. Enter the Credit Card details in the "Add a Credit Card" option of your PayPal account.
3. Login to your Virtual Credit Card service (like Netsafe Login for HDFC users).
4. Check for Transaction (Txn) Details tab.
5. The card you added to your PayPal account will show the details something like PAYPAL*EXPUSE1234, where 1234 denote the 4-digit number you have to enter in your PayPal account (called the Expanded Use number).

Once you have done all this, your payPal account will be verified and you shall be allowed to send and receive limitless amounts using PayPal.

PayPal is NICE!

:) Bestofkashmir
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

i do not have a cell phone...cannot resceive a text  have a land line..i live in a nursing home and have a 40.00 ebay card to shop at ebay and process through paypal

Message 6 of 6
latest reply