Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

sujithgaya3
Community Member
Dear Sir,

Iam sujith. i ordered a mobile phone from one buyer and after 1 month i was surprised to see a message that he is no longer member in ebay. I have paid thru credit card and now after raising dispute i have to wait for my money to be refunded... few things can be improved in ebay
1. when a seller is getting out of membership from ebay, u guys have check whether he had send all the orders, otherwise people have to suffer like me. now i don't have a mobile. still waiting for my money to be refunded...
2. theres a procedure in ebay that if we pay thru cerdit car, and if we raise dispute to claim the money, we have to get a letter from the credit card bank "proof of denial of reimbursement " which i didn't get from the bank. especially in a place like trivandrum, kerala where customer support is very bad. my last date to send my papers to ebay is on saturday (august 18th) .. so if i can't get that letter, i willloose my 4200Rs. which is very bad... my hard earned money gone... with thisincident my office members ahev stopped purchasing from ebay.... please help me to get my money back

regards A.Sujith
Message 81 of 210
latest reply

ganeshimpex
Community Member
Hello
Few Things which is lack of ebay..which will increase the sale of ebay and also benefit the seller

1.>There is no HOT ITEM OPTION( ONlY for Auction) not for fixed watching the product does not create your sale purchasing create it...so it should be there and pick without any fees and all that stuff you people are too much run behind the money..

2.> Rating system should be improve..if buyer purchase the product from us 2-3 times still the rating is count is only one...which is bad...request feedback should be there...

3.>Negative Rating Removal... negative rating removal should be there by listen both buyer and seller statment not on the terms right now ebay put if abusing language is there total nonsense

4.>Promotion For the Unique Product..by any seller

5.>Kill that Brand Orientation because you can buy branded cloth from showroom at more discount than ebay...

You people do always these discussion open house chat but nothing done in the end neither we got any response

with regards
Ganeshimpex
Message 82 of 210
latest reply

kishankunal
Community Member
X-( Dear Friends,

I am a regular buyer of ebay.in and have bought a lot of items. Recently I bought a second hand mobile phone from one rohit_mob from mumbai. The payment of Rs. 2,600/- was deposited into his ICICI account and on receipt of the money he sent me a defective piece of mobile handset which can be repaired for not less than Rs. 3000/- which is just useless as new one cost you around 4800/-. On being cheated I gave the seller a negative feedback and informed the ebay about the cheat. In the meantime the cheat seller also gave me a negative feedback. The ebay team on receiving the complaints against the seller removed him from ebay with all his products. However the ebay was least interested in removing the negative feedback of the cheat seller left on me inspite of my making payment for a defective item. Now I wish to ask ebay WHAT IS MY FAULT for which a negative feedback should be shown for me and secondly is there any chance of GETTING THE MONEY BACK from that cheat seller ? Kindly clarify,

Mahendra Bagaria
Use ID : kishankunal
Message 83 of 210
latest reply

rrsiddiqui
Community Member
Sir,
I am a winning bidder for item no. 120017148553 (Whole Sale List Mobile Cellular Camera Cell Phone) I have received notices from eBay under "non payment reminder"
This is true I could not transmit my mails as I could not get a proper link. All my messages have been received back to me as Demons Failure.
I have further to state that as per listing I had to pay Rs. 65/- for the item I had bidded. But on winning I received a communication from eBay to confirm the total amount which I have to pay, which I did. But total amount has not been informed to me yet. This is not understood how the sale price has been changed after the sale. (if not what was the need to confirm the total amount from the sellar which I owe to him) I think such types of transactions are void and bad in law and therefore I cant be hold responsible. But the sellar is.
Kindly think and decide over the issue and withdraw the notice imposed upon me.
Regards.
R R SIDDIQUI
Message 84 of 210
latest reply

caligulus2002
Community Member
Hi Gautam,

I am amazed that Ebay (formerly Bazee) does not do the following:

(1) Link up with Paypal (where our international listings have a PP next to it)

(2) Settle Weekly accounts using a Draft when its entire business in Online. Why can't the sellers account be credited online at the end of the Settlement week? Is it because being you do not trust Online Banking?

(3) It baffles me on how you continue to survive without a Customer Service helpdesk.

(4) If your website works 24/7 why doesn't your back office? Have you contemplated BPO-ising your Operations?

Just a couple of points which continue to amaze me. On how some of us choose to operate in an antiquated enviorement.

Regards,
Vivek Keriwal
Message 85 of 210
latest reply

perin1812
Community Member
Dear Gautam, Today is Friday 25th Aug'06 and on site open house discussion date was given as 25th Thursday, typographical error.I am the member of baazee/ebay for past 10 years from the day of its inseption and not got a token of gift from ebay and new members got awarded as ebay diva with Priyanka Chopra is not correct. The old customer should be respected.
Many sellers after getting payment they do not send the item or send the diffrent rotten item.Pl. verify the item quality before adding to ebay for sell.
Thanks & Regards,
Parvin
Message 86 of 210
latest reply

simi20007
Community Member
hi
Message 87 of 210
latest reply

simi20007
Community Member
hi,
i have bought 3 items from the seller of india named omkarafashions i have not recieved those items yet its been 12 days i m waiting wats going on, now i got know they are no longer registerd with ebay,wat does it mean? i m not gona get my items ever i have lost my money? please let me know what you can do for me? i will appriciate
Message 88 of 210
latest reply

keenureeves
Community Member
HI all,

I am new to e-bay as a buyer and I bought as item from a seller called shopper.meher.shopper and i made payment by transfering money through online account. But now neither I didn't recive the product nor the money back , which discourages me to stay in e-bay. Could someone help me to track the seller.

http://feedback.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=shopper.meher.shopper&iid=

Thanks
Jegan
Message 89 of 210
latest reply

keenureeves
Community Member
Hi,

I am very happy about Ebay interms of the secured technology used everywhere in Ebay, but I like to have E-Bay should a very strong procedures of selecting the seller , since only the buyer is going to affect.

Like me around 6 peoples have been cheated by the same seller (http://forums.ebay.in/post!reply.jspa?threadID=300000542). He got over 400 products while we making payment which ensures us he is genuine seller , but after he withdrawn everything and flew away.

I believe ebay is responsible for this since its the online portal and will help us to get back our money.

Thanks
Jegan
Message 90 of 210
latest reply