Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

hisf0223
Community Member
Hi

I purchased a SANDISK SECURE DIGITAL MEMORY CARD SD-256MB Item No 7557597394 from ishika_online in October. I have not received this item instead ishika say Collect Payment refund from ebay!!!!

NOw I have opened Buyer Protection clause in ebay but till today ebay has not sent any payment.

Can someone help me!!!
Message 51 of 210
latest reply

real-diamonds
Community Member
HELLO,
i am newely started ebay business i have some queries about my business. i want to know a courier companys who deliverd diamond & jewellary within mumbai, within india, and internationally .my worked based in mumbai.
Message 52 of 210
latest reply

buntychhatlani
Community Member
Hi....actually i am looking forward a help from ebay to explain me how should i sell product online.What excatly i have to do for it.I have a a/c since it was a bazee.com
but i didnot try it before.If u can help me i will be very grateful.
Thankx. Bunty
Message 53 of 210
latest reply

paapum
Community Member
The shipping charges amounting to Rs.26,500/- being charged by the Yeoljewel for a small ring(item No.5074408819) is beyond one's imagination. ebay must look into the full details before putting any item for auction. Such malpractices should not be allowed on ebay.
Message 54 of 210
latest reply

kamalas2006
Community Member
Hi

I am interested in buying many things through eBay. But the payment terms are not suitable. Since I don't have a credit card I am interested in paying money on COD basis. That will be suitable for housewife, senior citizen, etc.Hope you will consider this.
Message 55 of 210
latest reply

drpijushmitra
Community Member
Hi there everybody, I just want to share what a difference there is buying e-bay products in India and from abroad. The indian site is filled with conmen, fraudsters all out to make a quick buck at expense of the millions of gullible users of e-bay india. I escaped with a loss of Rs.200 but as i read the boards, I see others are not so lucky. Then there are sellers like indianauctioner who sells 1/18 cars worth Rs.1165 for Rs.1445 plus postage and handling charges etc. etc.I am sure there are others who have seen lesser prices in shops in their own cities.
Now to quote an example from England, where I ordered another 1/18 car model. It was lost in transit and royal mail refunded the cost to the seller who in turn sent that money back to me apologising for everything and even told me to keep the car should it arrive.
What a difference in tradesmanship.
Message 56 of 210
latest reply

np2028
Community Member
Sir on 18 th Jan 06 I have seen through www.ebay.in that Mr.G Vadehera has given an advertisement that he wants to sheel his old blackberry phone in a price of Rs.8999/-(Shipping cost excluded Rs.550/-) Total cost of Rs.9549/-. After observing the attractive advertsement I have taken intrest to buy the phone and contacted with him through www.ebay.in to give his phone number.I got a sms on 19th jan then I contact ed with him & asked him how to pay? Then he gave me his account no of HDFC Bank And said to deposit,Though I knew that ebay.in is reputed service provide so I thought to deposit the amount ,In the evening Icould not deposited money due to delay.Again Mr.Vadehra gave me his ICICI Account no.I was very much excited to buy that phone so I deposited Rs.9600/- due to non availity of change currency in his ICICI account No.000401012116.After getting that payment Mr.Vadehra commited me that he will send the phone on 20th.But sir after regular folloup ,phone calls & mail I got assurance that I will get the phone soon.Till 22nd I could not get that phone.On that day I sent amail to Mr.Vadehra ,He confirmed me through email that I will get the phone on 23rd at 3 pm.But I did not get that.Then I followed up to send the phone several times but he did not responded intensionaly .Because hi had a malafide intention he wanted to cheat me.At last on 27th I got a packet from Mr.Vadehra ,In side that packet I got fake items (2 Mp3 pyrite Cds),As per his email that I should get the phone on 23rd but practically he has booked that packet on 23rd.With in that gap period he planned to cheat me.Sir I am a poor fellow I request you Kindly take this matter and unveil the trouth,Awaiting the justice.
Message 57 of 210
latest reply

np2028
Community Member
A FRAUD INCIDENT BY 9191Collection
Sir on 18 th Jan 06 I have seen through www.ebay.in that(9191Collection) Mr.G Vadehera has given an advertisement that he wants to sheel his old blackberry phone in a price of Rs.8999/-(Shipping cost excluded Rs.550/-) Total cost of Rs.9549/-. After observing the attractive advertsement I have taken intrest to buy the phone and contacted with him through www.ebay.in to give his phone number.I got a sms on 19th jan then I contact ed with him & asked him how to pay? Then he gave me his account no of HDFC Bank And said to deposit,Though I knew that ebay.in is reputed service provide so I thought to deposit the amount ,In the evening Icould not deposited money due to delay.Again Mr.Vadehra gave me his ICICI Account no.I was very much excited to buy that phone so I deposited Rs.9600/- due to non availity of change currency in his ICICI account No.000401012116.After getting that payment Mr.Vadehra commited me that he will send the phone on 20th.But sir after regular folloup ,phone calls & mail I got assurance that I will get the phone soon.Till 22nd I could not get that phone.On that day I sent amail to Mr.Vadehra ,He confirmed me through email that I will get the phone on 23rd at 3 pm.But I did not get that.Then I followed up to send the phone several times but he did not responded intensionaly .Because hi had a malafide intention he wanted to cheat me.At last on 27th I got a packet from Mr.Vadehra ,In side that packet I got fake items (2 Mp3 pyrite Cds),As per his email that I should get the phone on 23rd but practically he has booked that packet on 23rd.With in that gap period he planned to cheat me.Sir I am a poor fellow I request you Kindly take this matter and unveil the trouth,Awaiting the justice.
Message 58 of 210
latest reply

palledevapriyam
Community Member
Sir,

I was bidding for Sony digital Camera (#7584825762)and till 31.01.2006 my bid was the highest. The bid ends on 01.02.3006 at 5.11 PM. Unfartunately, when I was searching for the latest bidding position, I received the following message:

"This listing has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now. "

What happened to the bid. How can the ebay cancel it in the last minute. If ebay cancels like this how can any one try to buy items and how can people trust the ebay. Th ebay dont even bother to send a mail about the cancellation position. Is it not the duty of ebay to send the status position and the cancellation position. If you want loose the loyal bidders like me U don't need to send any reply to this.

I Hope ebay will give proper reply to this.
Message 59 of 210
latest reply

hermit85a
Community Member
Hello Rathin Lahiri
i am a new user of the ebay site.
i am as a freshner have nothing to sell or buy on the site but still i am in a need of money and ready to do any kind of job for it.

can u or someone plz guide me for a online job or any other job from which i can make money.
Right now i am in my last year studying TY BSC IT
plz help me
Message 60 of 210
latest reply