Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi sundar007,

Your query seems to be specific to PayPal. Though both PaisaPay and PayPal are an eBay company, however PayPal does not exist in India.

The best people to help you will be PayPal customer support. You may also post your question to other users on selling on eBay India board. You might find someone who had had this experience and will be able to help you out better.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 41 of 210
latest reply

shalish123
Community Member
WTC -Six Volume Export Plan"

‘WTC’-Six Volume Export Plan is designed to help SSI, Small, Medium Scale manufacturers, entrepreneurs, exporters of all experience levels. Whether you’re thinking about getting involved in international trade, or are already exporting, a review of the extensive materials in this guide will help you obtain a better understanding of how to succeed.

'WTC' Six Volume Export Plan covers important topics like:- Organizing yourselves, What to export and where, Selection of products, Sourcing Buyers, Appointing Agents, Developing an Export Strategy, Understanding rules of Export Trade, Mode of payments,financing export orders, availing benefits incentives offered to exporters, sample letters, correspondence, addresses of important trade organizations, associations, inspection agencies, credit rating agencies, and other institutions related to the promotion of export trade.

"WTC Six Volume Export Plan" is offered with FREE Advisory Support Services for 6 months.

Please refer attached "FREE REPORT" on complete insight of the Export plan.

Additional Benefits

If your order form is received on or before 31st October, 2005. All new subscribers are eligible for the following benefits:-

01. One year FREE Subscription to all incoming foreign buyers inquiries by E-mail. - Annual Subscription Fees : Rs.5,500/-

02. FREE CD ROM of Latest ' Annual Supplement to Foreign Trade Policy as announced on 31st October, 2005 along with Aayaat- Niryaat Forms + Appendix. - Cost price : Rs. 500/-

To Order, we request you to return Order Form duly filled along with payments before 31st October,2005.

Mail your Order Form to:

Head Office :
World Trade Connections

2nd floor, B-166, Shrenikpark,

Opp. Akota Stadium, Productivity Road,

VADODARA-390020 [GUJ] INDIA

Tel: +91 265 2325355/2342148

Fax: +91 265 2342148

Email: wtcbaroda@rediffmail.com

"FOR ISSUE OF IMPORT-EXPORT LICENSE, ADVANCE LICENCE,DFRC,DEPB, PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDINGS, SUBSIDIES AGAINST EXPORT OF AGRICULTURE PRODUCE GOODS, MDA, ETC., WE CAN HELP YOU IN MATTERS OF DGFT-EXIM POLICY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT : 9824067098 ATTN : SHALISHKUMAR "
Message 42 of 210
latest reply

indiastamp
Community Member
Sir,
My problem is peculier. I was on Baazee also had a different ID at eBay au where my password and email was
the same as on Baazee. With out consulting me my account
was transferred to eBay au. As soon as I received the billing in US currency I took up the matter with ebay.in
as well as eBay au. For months the argument given was -
since I had more ratings on eBay au my account was therefore transferred to eBay au. This statement was
WRONG. I had better ratings at Baazee utimately after
3 months or argrments eBay agrreed that I had better
ratings on Baazee. But eBay is NOT willing to change the
billing currency to Indian Rupees.
My mail box is still full of mails exchanged.
Problem with eBay is that those who reply DO NOT read
what is written in the mail - they just give a reply
[probably to show that the matter has been dealt with].
I, therefore, request you to please take up the matter
with some senior person in eBay to change the billing
currency. For your inormation I have done nothing on
eBay au for past 2 years.
May I hear from you?
Best wishes
Pushpa Sharma
Message 43 of 210
latest reply

saidorai
Community Member
Dear Mr.Rohit

I have won fm auction item no. 7553260013 - sony Dcr Trv 438E Camcorder from Ronitronics (rohit mittal-Luckow) thru e-bay on Oct 13, 2005. The seller has asked me to deposit the bid amount of Rs. 10352.00 in IDBI bank and the same was deposited on Oct 17, 2005 but till date he has not sent the item nor responding to my mails. Now I found out fm your site that he is no more a member and he was registered for only one month. Can I suggest that you highlight the registration expiry period of the seller against each item and secondly you should give correct and full address of the registered seller. As a leading auction site it is yr duty to ensure safety and guarantee the buyer's payments.????
I am left with no option but to take legal action or can you suggest any other way please???????????
I am disappointed with ebay, help me
Message 44 of 210
latest reply

justittifaq
Community Member
hey bussness help me to do bussness . i m doin b tech from lucknow n i m intrested in tis my id is justittifaq@rediffmail.com
Message 45 of 210
latest reply

mag12net
Community Member
dear ebay sellers and buyers,
first onething the seller should know that before sending the sold product to the customertest the product many timesand ensure that the product works good. if it doesent work properly immediately contact the customerand inform them the problem (whether you are returning the moneyor if the customer ready wait some more daysyou can make alternative arrangements to get the good product)if the customer does not willing to wait for the product return his/her money with a email carrying sorry letter. this way will make you to another transaction with the same customer.another important point is don't hide your address. when you are confirming your sales email your address to the customer,lets we will come to the ebay management people
how customer comes to know about the seller, only through the ebay, then how ebay can say that they are not responsible. if a customer (buyer) is in another state and ordered for the item and if he didnot get it whom he/she has to contact? how long the process will take to end the dispute? till then the buyer will be in dillema that whether he/she will get the money back?why this kind of transaction? if the buyer won th bid and if he/she did not pay there wont be any loss for the seller as he proceed further for next seller. if the buyer pays and the product is not received then it is the shame for the ebay and seller and bad propaganda about ebay will continue. to end the problems related to buyer and seller i have a good plan to solve these problemsand there by employment will also increase. as i dont have much space i will elobrate the plan on 15th of this month.
Message 46 of 210
latest reply

findsbyfrank
Community Member
Can someone please tell me how I can add more than 12 pictures in a single listing? I've seen many listings where there are 20+ pictures but I don't know how they did it...ebay will only let me upload 12. Thanks for your help!

Kim
Message 47 of 210
latest reply

toolika123
Community Member
hey,
i'm interested in selling hand-made greeting cards,i wanted to know,how much money do i hav to pay for that?and wat kind of bank account i need to hav,or will i hav to open a separate bank account for transactions??waiting for reply
thx
Message 48 of 210
latest reply

nitin-1980
Community Member
i have been cheated by a mobile vendor from uki had paid the money by paypal and after that he nither replies to my mails nor has he shipped the cell to me. someone over there can you please help me
Message 49 of 210
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
toolika123 YOU CAN DEFINATELY SELL HAND MADE GREETING CARDS,I SUGGEST U TO POST THE PRIGINAL PICS OF THE GREETING CARDS WHICH U WILL SELL ,THIS WILL HELP THE BUYER TO DECIDE WHICH ONE DOES HE/SHE LIKE AND THEY CAN BUY YOUR ITEM
ABOUT THE FEES
Rs. 0.01 - Rs. 4,000.00 5% of the closing price, minimum Rs. 3.00
Over Rs. 4,000.01 5% of the initial Rs. 4,000 (Rs. 200.00), plus 2.5% of the remaining closing value

ALSO U CAN USE UR SAME BANK ACCOUNT,YOU CAN OFFER BUYERS VARIOUS OPTIONS SUCH AS PAISA PAY,ATM DROP BOX,CHQ AND DD SO THAT VARIETY OF BUYERS MAY GET ATTRACTED TOWARDS YOUR PRODUCTS.

ATUL
Message 50 of 210
latest reply