Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
This topic was branched to [url thread.jspa?threadID=500001260]Re: Users should get an opportunity to rate a product[/url]
Message 101 of 210
latest reply

seema_kazi
Community Member
HI,

I have just registerred for ebay.I just went thru the feedbacks & comments here . after going thru the same i m really feeling scared whether to go ahead with ebay or not..it seems like the members are not happy with ebay services.are the ppl at ebay doing somethg to gain the confidence of ppl like me..

Thanks
Message 102 of 210
latest reply

venkitraman
Community Member
i have serious problems with this seller by name 33lifestyle. i went thro the ratings of this seller. in the last month she has got 4 negative ratings. the seller is extremely arrogant and doesnt show any inclination to resolve the dispute. i ordered for gents' watches and i received ladies' watches. it is almost 2 months since i paid the money. still i have not got the product i paid for. i have lost faith in the whole process of internet buy & sell. ebay should take strict action against such fraud sellers - otherwise you will lose your credibility.
Message 103 of 210
latest reply

billysshauna
Community Member
I have a question regarding PayPal. A seller told me today the reason I did not recieve the tracking number promised to me through the shipping method I used is because PayPal is acting up. I ordered the item 11 days ago through global priority and don't even know when my item was sent. Is anyone else awhere of a prob with PayPal not being able to release email addresses so I can't receive a tracking number?:| so much for a great Christmas idea.
Message 104 of 210
latest reply

vittal.patil
Community Member
testing
Message 105 of 210
latest reply

amreshchaudhary
Community Member
Hello,
I had placed bid for a DELL loptop thru login id amresh.vaishali
Item #: 110062612309 & wone the bid.
But my real problem started from that point.I contacted the seller many times for the warrenty details, at first he sent me incomplete details, so i again requested him for the same.
1)After receiving the details, i verified the warrenty details from the dell warrenty site and found out that that the warrenty was more than 3 months less than that specified in auction Also the RAM was not to the mark as mentioned in the auction.
2)The warrenty mentioned that he had 1GB 533Mhz RAM installed but the seller says that he has upgraded the RAM to 2GB. Also in the auction the RAM speed is mentioned as 2GB 667 MHz which is not true.
In one of his reply he told me that the Laptop has 2GB 533Mhz RAM..
Now my account has been SUSPENDED due to UNPAID ITEM STRIKE OUT.
When i informed ebay they gave me a process going thru which the seller can request to remove the STRIKE.
In return the seller replied that i should pay a FVF of more than 2500 Rs if i want to remove the STRIKE OUT form my account which in case he was suppose to pay on completion of the deal.Also he adviced me that in such a circumstance of comfusion i should have asked for a concession from him..( I have mail thread supporting all that is mentioned).I have not made payments for this item & have informed the seller of my view..
3)I had made a payment for another item #.230067757498
thru PAISA PAY which was accepted.(I have a copy of the confirmation of the payment made & received by the seller mymusic_123.
After a few days i contacted the seller for the status on the delivery, he replied that ebay had sent them a mail stating to stop the shipment of the item as my account was suspended.I have contacted eBay but they only talk about the suspended account but nothing on the action of releasing the product for whichi have made payments priour to my account being suspended....
We make deals based on the details provided by the seller considering that the details are correct & more trusting ebay...but the seller for the laptop has provided wrong details....this could be found by taking some additional preventive measure, othervise i would have landed buying a laptop with wrong configuration.
Also i do not have any contact details of ebay so that i can call them up and clarify the issue...the PO BOX no mail adderss makes me more uncomfortable on this issue.
Also the responce time for the issue is long causing a loss to me as i have to loose my paid amount......based onthe process folowed by ebay....
Plz assist me in solving the laptop issue & releasing my item for which i have made payment.

Thanks & Regards
Amresh.V.Chaudhary

Message 106 of 210
latest reply

vsmcrimebranch
Community Member
Congratulations to be our Country Manager and wish you and your ebay team a very Happy & Prosperous New Year.

My problem is I have see this item only not going for biding option, but seller reminder me for the unpaid item, first email on 8/12/2006 about wining of Bid, I replied him, If I have not bid, how can you I am the winner, again he send reminder of unpaid item.

Kindly do the needful.

Best Regards
M.Zagade
Message 107 of 210
latest reply

acdc_black
Community Member
Firstly let me Aplogise as this is not a New Post, Was unable to find that Option.
5843353591 - SONY 256MB MP3+FM+USB PEN DRV+VOICE REC+7COLOUR DISPLAY - Ordered Lost the Money.. No option to call anyone No one willing to Help.. I dont want My Money Back.. Keeping you informed how You perform.
Please dont respond.. will have it cleared legally
Message 108 of 210
latest reply

premshan201
Community Member
I am unable to complete my selling screeen because the system does not accept any 'Description'I give. It keeps saying that this field is incomplete, even if I fill it in.
Message 109 of 210
latest reply

cj_mcgowan
Community Member
Hi everyone can any one help me with th queery i have...i purchaed a laptop on tuesday and paid through bank transfer, i had contact with seller before purhase and she had a feedback of 100+. transfered money after auction let her know and i have had no reply so far (friday) this morning i get an email from ebay stating not to pay for the item and that the seller is no longer a registered user..so now what do i do? how to i recover my money back? any ideas!! helpppp!!
Message 110 of 210
latest reply