Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

Re: Help on Using Community Boards

shanvi_v
Community Member
i have come to know thru advertisements, etc, that we get paid for each clicks - that is to see the advertisers mail, will this work with ebay.in too so that choice is more in ebay.in apart from online shopping.
Message 11 of 210
latest reply

mohd_gayas
Community Member
hello sir
i want earn money through eBay
but i don't have money to invest
how can i earn money without any investment
because i have seen one article in news paper
could u give me detail plz
Gayas
Message 12 of 210
latest reply

malavika123_in1
Community Member
Hi,

Since more than three months I am tring to create a seller account but I am unable to. It is really very irritating to see the message "Sorry we cannot process your request at this time, please try later again" after I have entered all the information for the creation of a seller account. Earlier some other problems were coming while I was trying to create a seller account. Please suggest.

Regards,
Malavika
Message 13 of 210
latest reply

123medha
Community Member
first of all i was under impression that ebay is a great site, and would definately offer me services better than bazee.com did .i have been watching auction sites since days of bidorbuy,then bazee,now ebay launce in india.
BUT I AM COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED WITH KIND OF SERVICE,CUSTOMER CARE,HELP PROVIDED.
EVEN THOUGH POLICIES SEEM TO BE RESONABLE ,TIMEPERIOD OF 10 DAYS IS QUIET LARGE FOR ANY CTION.

I DONT KNOW HOW "FRAUD SELLERS CAN REGISTER TO EBAY".
rajanmobile(-1) HAS SOLD ME NOKIA 3230 HANDSET ON 12 JUNE.ITEM NUMBER-6405345971
I MADE PAYMENT ON 13JUNE.
SINCE THEN AFTER PAYMENT SELLER SUDDENLY NOT CONTACTABLE.GIVING VARIOUS REASONS.
AFTER SENDING EMPTY BOX ON SOMEBODYS ELSES NAME.
AFTER I FILED FIRST WARNING AFTER 10 DAYSTHEN HE WAS SAYING HE WILL RETURN MY MONEY.
EBAY DATABASE HAS CONTACT NUMBER OF SOME OTHER PERSON.
(THAT PERSON DOES NOT HAVE ANY MONEY AND JUST USING MY MONEY LIKE THAT_.
AFTER THAT HE SENT ME A CHEQUE WHICH WAS BOUNCED.
HIS NUMBERS ARE NOT CONTACTABLE.AND WHENEVER CONTACTED DOES NOT SPEAK [PROPERLY PRETENDING HE HAS PROBLEM WHILE SPEAKING.
HENCE SUCH"CHEAT-FRAUD SELLERS MANAGE TO THRIVE ON EBAY!"THIS IS BELOW MY EXPECTATIONS AND EXTREMELY BAD.
NOW FOR CLAIM ON EBAY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR 20\30 DAYS.
THIS IS REALLY BAD.
AS PERSON DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO SELL AND JUST GIVNG REASONS AND NOT GIVING MY MONETY BACK ALSO,THIS BEHAVOIUR SHOULD BE NOTED.ALSO FOR BOUNCED CHEQUE I HAD TO BEAR THE COST,ALONG WITH STD BILLS OF 200-300 ALLING TO HIM AND PERSON ON DATABASE OF EBAY.(AFTER MOBILE SOLD EBAY PROVIDE DME DIFFERENT NUMBER )AND LATER DIFFERENT.

STRONG ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN AGAINST SUCH FRAUD PERSONS(NOT SELLERS)AND I SHOULD GET MY MONEY BACK IMMIDIATELY.
Message 14 of 210
latest reply

nbmb_in1
Community Member
Hi,
Am very disappointed with this site as i have been cheated by Tataonline who now is deregistered and i have lost my money.Ebay needs to have a better customer protection plan.There is a hassel with paisapay too as my account has been debited on 20.6.5 but the seller has not received payment till today i.e.5.7.5.How do i track this????
Message 15 of 210
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

Going through this long thread I see a lot of dispute related issues. I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences.

If you have a dispute kindly report your problem to the Dispute Consol (help on Dispute Consol) for eBay to take appropriate action

I also suggest you go through Protection for Buyers
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 16 of 210
latest reply

spaceview_in1
Community Member
Dear Sirs,

I am always getting Bills/invoices for the items for which I have yet to receive payments. Is this not a wrong policy on the part of eBay.in, while Baazee would always send Bills when confirmed that the deal is completed.

Further, Baazee would promptly acknowledge the receipt of cheques/payments, while here even after reminders I don't get acknowledgements.

I request to rectify the system of Billing, receiving payments and promptly reflect the payment in Seller Accounts.

Regards
V. Ramchand
spaceview_in1
Message 17 of 210
latest reply

jaggu_n
Community Member
Please look into the following dispute link and let me know your comments. I am loosing confidence on EBay.
http://feedback.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ResolveDispute&DisputeID=59612004
Message 18 of 210
latest reply

piedpipers_blr
Community Member
Dear sir,
I want to start selling on ebay asap
but i just saw this link,my question is
1.are the buyers and sellers at ebay unsafe?
2.Is ebay is going to shut down?
3.Will i get my payments if i sell to any customer at ebay?
Regards,
Manish Chandwaney
Message 19 of 210
latest reply

amol_m_s
Community Member
Is it possible to have a two dimensional sorting ?
Something like Time:ending soonest & Price : Lowest first at the same time ?
Message 20 of 210
latest reply