Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

santanub123
Community Member
I want to earn money through ebay without any investment. How I can earn just seeing the advertisement?
Santanu
Message 2 of 210
latest reply

hemalshop
Community Member
Dear sir....
its pleasure to talking with you, but i am in lots of confusion since last 30 days because some of the sellers are put their listings of products with bulks (mean they put their one products in multiple times like they put their 1product with 7 to 8 times listings) on Fitness & Sports category in Treadlill & Exercise zone, & because of that regular sellers like us are in big trouble because our listings gone behind pages due to multiple listings of the one product so please take immediate action for that, because due this our sell are decreasing because our all products gone on the behind pages like at 9 page or 10 page.thanking you....
hemalshop.
Message 3 of 210
latest reply

narayanchatpar
Community Member
DEAR GOUTAM,
REGARDS,
After viewing the various issues posed by the board participants, I am of the firm opinion that the by and large the users of ebay (India) are a dissatisfied lot.
The picture posted is gloomy and pessimistic too. For the various reasons extended by wide spread users, specially sellers, it is obvious that the dwindling business opportunities, high cost and low or no profits coupled with cumbersome provisions and irrational approach of ebay is driving the users crazy and disinterested.

Resultant effect is only on the sellers who have been contributing to the site's progress over a period of time and used to get something for them also. BUT today the sellers only work and spend for ebay betterment and find themselves high and dry at the end of the month.

I condemn the stereo type replies of the site. I am concerned with the unhelpful attitude of the reply counters / authorities. The Help Section replies which are manu driven are most irelevent and there is no avenue of door where you can get answers to your questions. You can hardly get your problems solved on the site map. There should be a system of sending e mails to ebay for pertinent queries and redressal matters to be attended to. Unless that is done the interest will be vanishing and you will find a subdued lot of coming and going sellers on ebay.

Loyalty, continuation and familiarity that is needed in business is being given a good bye and so will people say good bye to each other on ebay.

Telephonic conversations solve lot of irritants and problems on the spot. Hope this opportunity will be open once again under ebay also.

AND YES, WHERE IS THAT PERSONAL TOUCH BETWEEN YOU AND ME? ITS GONE, DURING THE DAYS OF BAAZEE, WE REALLY HAD SUPPORT AND SOOTHING TOUCH.

THE MEDIA PUBLICITY OF EARLIER BAAZEE WAS EFFECTIVE. WILL EBAY START PUBLICITY IN VARIOUS MEDIA LIKE, PRINT, TV AND RADIO?

WISH ALL OF US INCLUDING YOU A GOOD LUCK.
NARAYAN CHATPAR
Message 4 of 210
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi narayanchatpar,

The workshop is going on the following thread:
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?forumID=300000000&threadID=300000804

Kindly join us there.

Warm regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 210
latest reply

syamal_basak
Community Member
On 31st may 05, I placed my BID for a Coolpix 7900 Digicam-Item No.7519336189. The Seller ID was teknix_in1. Till this morning, I was the highest bidder amongst 35 bidders.
Surprisingly,this evening when I checked the status of my bid, I got the message that the auction has been cancelled by e-bay. I would like to know the reasons for this cancellation; because of this cancellation I have lost an opportunity to buy the camera.
Regards,
Syamal
10.45 PM
Message 6 of 210
latest reply

mnansari_in1
Community Member
DEAR SIR,
WE PURCHASE SOME ITEM AND PAY THE REQD. MONEY THROUGH YOU USING OUR CREDIT CARD. SOMETIME, DUE TO SOME UNKNOWN REASONS,THE ITEM IS NOT SENT BY SELLER TO THE BUYER. IN THAT CASE, NOTHING POSITIVE MEASURES ARE TAKEN BY EBAY. IN SUCH CASES ATLEAST THE FULL ADDRESS OF SELLER MUST BE PROVIDED BY YOU, SO THAT THE CUSTOMER MAY CONTACT HIM TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE. PERHAPS, BAAZEE WAS PROVIDING ALL THE INFORMATIONS OF SELLR AS WEL AS OF BUYER. PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL AND REPLY ME. M.N. ANSARI, A SUFFERER
Message 7 of 210
latest reply

berry_berry_0
Community Member
hello ppl......
i have registered in this site as a seller..and its been 2 days since i did that sad thing..nw after seeing all ur msgs in the forum i'm really scred with this site..being a student i cant really pay them for unwanted and unnecessary stuff...plz help me...I NEED TO UNSUBSCRIBE...😞
Message 8 of 210
latest reply

progressindia
Community Member
Hi! All

Can i have some valid reasons for downloading Pro selling manager,
Is it user friendly?
Rgds
Umesh
Message 9 of 210
latest reply

shanvi_v
Community Member
is it possible to also include some quiz and games and win some prizes. some online lotteries, but yes all this without investment, so that players will add up, otherwise when it comes to investments, people will not show interest.
Message 10 of 210
latest reply