cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GST rollout: TDS, TCS provisions deferred for govt, e-commerce companies

GST rollout: TDS, TCS provisions deferred for govt, e-commerce companies Businesses, with turnover less than Rs 20 lakh, will not need to register under GST  finance ministry said in a statement.

E-commerce companies will not be required to collect one per cent TCS while making payment to suppliers under the GST regime, to be rolled out from July 1.

According to the Central GST (CGST) Act, notified entities are required to collect TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) at one per cent on payments to suppliers to goods or services in excess of Rs 2.5 lakh. This provision has been kept in abeyance.

Based on the feedback received from trade and industry, the government has decided to postpone provision relating to TDS (Section 51) and TCS (Section 52) of the CGST/State GST Act 2017, with the objective of ensuring smooth rollout of GST, the finance ministry said in a statement.

Small businesses -- those with turnover less than Rs 20 lakh -- will also not be required to register themselves under the GST for selling goods or services through e-commerce portal.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

So when they say "deferred", that implies that it may be imposed after some time, say 2 months? As in my related post, I don't think GSTIN is possible for individuals (as far as I have experienced the Form-B filling process). I think it's goodbye eBay for casual sellers, unless eBay management takes a proactive interest and undertakes to collect the GST (as they did other taxes and cesses in the previous regime).
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Will i need to register for gstin now to get my future remmitance ? They put it on hold . Also removed my listings.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Your present selling remitence is not under GST, so they can not stop your payment

if you not sell items in future then they must remmitance your all balance payment.

My account also under hold and my remmitance also hold, yesterday i call and say i m not continue they tell me

if you not sell items then your remmitance will pay but How they will pay there no no update comes.. they tell me wait ...

lets see,

i wait few more days if not remmitance i will take legal setps.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Dear Latestgadget,

In most likelihood you will have to register for GST since govt has only deferred the implementation of clause. Unless it is fully revoked, there is not much hope. If possible you can wait for some time as see if Amazon and other e-commerce sites manage to pursuade the govt to drop the clause.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I can see your listings. They are not removed.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

With out GSt ebay not allowed to do listing my turnover is not more than 20 lakh then what to do they told me that for selling online even 5 product approx 10000 then also GST is mendatory

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

They will give after you pay all ebay fees and your all claims closed then they will proceed.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply