Fraud buyer, Rs 17000 almost gone

I'm a ebay seller from Pune Maharashtra and this is about how a buyer from Kerala scammed me and I think my Rs 17000 are gone.

On 3/8/2015 I received an order for Intel i5 processor, cost Rs 13745.
Received one more order from same buyer for Antec SMPS VP450P Price Rs 3099.

Immediately after placing orders, buyer requested me (ebay msgs) to immediately leave positive feedbacks, he said, he wanted to become "eligible buyer" for some purchase on ebay, I was not aware of his plan and as per his request I left feedbacks for him.

Buyer provided two separate delivery addresses for these two orders.
I shipped Intel i5-processor on 4/8/2015 and shipped Antec smps VP450P on 5/8/2015, shipped both orders by DTDC.

For first order as address was not detail and was not sufficient for delivery, dtdc guy called buyer on his number provided on parcel and parcel was picked up buyer's friend on 8/8/2015.

On 12/8/2015 buyer raised claim "Item not received"
Buyer (on phone) told me that he doesn't know any person with that name.  

From his official mail, ID DTDC guy clealy mentioned that "As I informed the said consignment is delivered in time and I have confirmed the receipt of the same with the consignee. He has not raised any complaint regarding this matter."

I forwarded that mail to buyer but he never replied to that mail. I had forwarded that mail to ebay but I guess ebay ignored that mail.

On 25/8/2015 Ebay asked me to submit proof of dispatch and proof of delivery, I provided both proof of dispatch and POD on same day.

I received mail from Ebay on 2/9/2015, mentioning that issue resolved in buyer's favor, reason mentioned " Seller did not provide valid proof of shipment ", moreover "Seller Protection policy is not applicable for this claim.". I again called ebay seller support, ebay person told me that consignment was not trackable and that's why claim was resolved in buyer's favor, I checked dtdc website and it was showing proper tracking & delivery details. I asked ebay person to check tracking details and he confirmed that it was trackable , he sent some mail to ebay claims dept and asked me to check after 24 hrs.

Now about the other order
Antec SMPS VP450P order was delivered on 8/8/2015 and on 14/8/2015 buyer raised claim saying that "Item not expected". Ebay person from claims dept told me (on phone) that buyer saying that product serial number mentioned in invoice is correct and smps looks like as shown on listing page but spelling mentioned on smps is not exactly Antec.
Even I had received ebay msg on 8/8/2015 from buyer saying that "Item looks good"

On 26/8/2015 received mail from ebay, "Buyer provided a valid return shipment details - Claim approved".
Received one more mail from ebay on 27/8/2015, "Refund processed"

I was waiting for this parcel, as it was not delivered in expected time frame, I called Professional courier and inquired about the parcel.
I could locate parcel on other end of Pune, name, address & phone mentioned on parcel was wrong and professional courier guy was about to return parcel saying "Address not found".

This shipping address is more than sufficient to understand motives of buyer.

No way courier company can deliver parcel with such (all wrong) shipping address.
Actually buyer tried his best to not to deliver item, he thought it will be returned with status "seller address not found" and obvious reason is he was afraid that if box was delivered (with all the junk he sent), it might expose him.

Buyer has sent junk like old shaving machine, some metal ring and some old dead smps, sent back in original paper box(attached image) .

When I had shipped order (Antec smps) weight of parcel was 2200gms (Antec smps weight is 1850 gms), when I received parcel from buyer the weight was 1215 gms so I knew what to expect. I opened the parcel in front of the professional courier guy.

I've recorded video while opening the box and shared with ebay on 1/9/2015, and waiting for some reply from ebay.

Please check video and images of the returned parcel (must check)

Buyer left negative feedback for antec smps  "cheater,counterfiet item.. u'll recgnize only wen u cntct for waranty servce..",

Buyer had purchased Antec smps 

and buyer saying that, he received smps shown below and he contacted Antec service centre and THEN ONLY he recognised that it's not original Antec smps, It's not just big lie, it's a big joke , this is not smps, this is some old dead junk from some garbage 

Untitled1.jpg

So far ebay resolved both the claims in buyer favor and it's really frustrating, I don't know, if I can really expect any positive response from ebay seller support.

I've no words to express my anger & frustration, 17k is a huge amount particularly when it's hard earned money. This is proper organised crime, I need justice.

What all options do I have?

Guys plz help

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

deccan.123
Community Member

17000 is a big amount

1.  Try to convince ebay

2.  If you know someone in that area kerala, check if they can help you.

3.  If nothing works and if you have proofs, approach law 

There must be Kerala police portal, check if you can file FIR online or get some help.

Good Luck. !

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If anyone wants to cheat any seller like this, this seems to be an open invitation for them. If any false buyer see this, they may try this again with you. You have already explained them how to cheat you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@Shiva_RK

We have already filed legal complaint in local police station for so called lost/stolen item, submitted all the records, but it will take some time. This is clear case of fraud and ebay should close it right here, legal action is last option.

@shivain.m0hlovuel

Intention of this post is not for inviting fraud buyers and scammers.

I'm sharing my real first hand experience with fellow sellers and I'm also looking for some good suggestions from fellow ebay sellers.

May be ebay need to come up with some reliable mechanism to protect sellers from such frauds & scams.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Looks like links are not allowed in post , ebay removed those links to images and video shared, this is what I received

DSC00117.JPG

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ebay india is worst portal for sellers, they dont check pod sent by sellers and just refund the money and then ask sellers to beg to customer for their money, dont provide any managers for problem solving.

whats the use sending sellerverification pod when they dont even look at them.

@kvc.systems wrote:

Looks like links are not allowed in post , ebay removed those links to images and video shared, this is what I received

DSC00117.JPG

@kvc.systems wrote:

DSC00117.JPG

@kvc.systems wrote:

DSC00117.JPG

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

it has happened 100s of times, where ebay asks the buyer to keep the defective product when the buyer knows this will happen and opens a false claim, next they give him 100% coupon and they give negative marking in our performance dashboard

if a buyer says its defective why can a reverse pick-up be arranged and charged in seller's account,
buyer get the refund, he keeps the product, the seller never gets the product nor the money and adding insult to injury limitations on selling as well

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Recently a buyer from Hyderabad duped Flip kart for Rs 20 Lakh using same technique, as providing link here is not allowed, you can google "Man dupes Flipkart of Rs 20 lakh" .

They (fraud) are everywhere and it's portals responsibility to keep check on such buyers but these guys don't care.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply