cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***For all the guys selling things on eBay, please read this(Nigeria)***

ajitkumarspatil_in1
Community Member
Hi, All
Nowaday things are not the same since the day baazee.com has been changed to eBay.in, we can see lots of fraud(Nigerian frauds) happening out there, these fraud people will buy your items and will never pay properly, to make it very easy for you guys to understand the whole issue, I have just pasted couple of mails sent to me from those fraud people(a fraud Nigerian buyer transcation).

1st mail releated to the eBay.in transcation.

Hello.,
I'm the Winner of the Item. I will like to send the item to my friend in NIgeria as a Birthday Gift, so tell me how much it will cost to ship the item to my friend. At the moment i'm not in the country. I will be responisble for any additonal cost.

There are shipping informations.
City:Benin City
State:Edo State

Have a nice day

My reply to the above mail
As requested by you, shipment to Nigeria will cost you 1,200/-, and the package will be sent through DTDC courier service.
So the total price will be 7,999.00 + 1,200.00 = 9,199/-
Please pay the above amount through online transaction/pay paisa etc and the remaining through Online fund transfer or as per your convenience.
Product will be sent immediately after payment realization.

2nd mail.

Hello Seller.,
Thanks for the mail. I will refer you use Fedex as the Courier, and when replying me with our much it will cost provide these infomations.
Name.................................
Address...............................
City................................
State...............................
Pincode........................

For payment with Western Union. And I will advice when telling them (FEDEX), tell them you are sending the item as a gift to your friend, that way they will not ask for much document.
Thanks and have a nice weekend.

My reply

Hi, Buyer
It will cost you 2,175/- instead of 1,200/- to ship the product through FedEx, following are the information you asked for.

<<<>>>

please revert back for any clarification.

Regards,

3rd Mail

Thans.
payment will be make and you will be nofity as soon as it is made.
Have a nice day.

My reply
Alright, thanks and kind regards,

After about a day or two I got two mails from "Western Union Bidpay" with the e-mail address as "bidpay@western-unionbidpayonline.com"(one with pending approval and second Order approved)

Following are the mails I received.

1st one

Dear Seller,

Western Union® Auction Payments has received your email address from <<>> to inform you of the order to have Rs. 10,136.00(233.011 USD) Western Union Money Order sent to you for:

Auction Site:Ebay
Auction item:<<>>
Auction item:#6419400605

Please verify that the following address (as entered by the buyer) is
correct.

<<>>

This order is PENDING approval. Most orders are approved within hours of being placed; however, there may be exceptions. Some items may be considered high risk because of the item cost or description. These types of orders are subject to additional verification and may take longer to approve. You will receive an Order Approved email from us when this order is APPROVED. You SHOULD NOT send this item to the buyer until you receive the confirmation email informing you that the order has been approved before you can ship. If your address information is correct and you do not wish to register, this will in no way affect the delivery of your payment once the order is approved. It may take up to 2-3 weeks for this status to reflect in newly registered seller' account but will not in any way affect the delivery of your money order if APPROVED.

Thank you for using Western Union® Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,

Western Union® Auction Payments

BidPay

After about an hour I get another mail as follows.

Dear Seller,

A Rs. 10,136.00 (233.011 USD) Money Order has been approved. <<>> has chosen to use Western Union® Auction Payments for the speed of an online payment service from a name you can trust.

Go ahead to send the item to the buyer while your money order is on its way to you, the buyer's shipping information is provided below. Your money order will be sent by the close of the next business day after you receive this email. First Class mail is typically delivered within 5-8 business days.
Once the item has been shipped the tracking number should be mailed to us. DO NOT email the tracking number to the buyer until we verify that the item is on transit and you have your money on the way because we have to protect both you and the buyer against Fraud.NOTE THAT, THE MONEY ORDER ATTACHED IN THIS MAIL IS THE PRINTED COPY OF YOUR PAYMENT, AND IT WILL NOT DISPATCH OUR OFFICE UNTIL WE VERIFTY TRACKING NUMBER FROM YOU. YOU MUST NOTIFY THE BUYER AS SOON AS YOU DISPATCH.
Shipping information for the delivery of the item are as follow:-

James Osas
206 Upper Mission road,
New Benin,
Benin city.
Edo State.
Nigeria.

Sincerely,
Western Union® Auction Payments

Please see the below link to see some examples of the money order.

http://k.domaindlx.com/mybaazee/MoneyOrder.jpg

Now after all these, any new seller on eBay.in will definetely be fooled easily, so be cafeful.

DO NOT SHIP THE ITEM UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU GET YOUR PAYMENT

Any queries please feel free to contact me

;-)
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Nigerian buyers are
really creating menace. Be careful all of you

user posted image

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

dudesaurabh
Community Member
Thanks Boss...

M new to eBay and recieved same mail as told by you. But now my item on ebay is shown as sold. What can i do about that?? I mean how can i again put that item as unsold and on the block ?
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

ajitkumarspatil_in1
Community Member
Hi, dudesaurabh
You can just logon to “My eBay” and re-list the sold item under “selling” sub heading.

Regards,

Ajit
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hi dudesaurabh. Well
Ajit have explained the process of relisting the item very right. I would also
like to suggest u one thing. U can also block that fake buyer. Because fake
buyers only waste our time here . U can do so by clicking this link http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Second option in this
page contains blocking bidders . Click on it . It will ask for the buyer's id .
Write the id where needed and in this way u can get rid of that fake bidder
forever. Now u have blocked the bidder/ buyer. Now he can never bid/ buy your
products again.

touch_and_shine

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Seller on Ebay.in

user posted image

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
I kno i have received more than 50 orders form Nigeria. Thats y i am not selling..

AS for the bidder management tool .. it does not protect against NEWly registered buyers.. Hence its not sucessfull against these nigerians. !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

HELP: Cops are after a suspect who smart, witty, sexy and good lookin...so where you gonna hide ME?

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

buying_reeloaded
Community Member
Guys..........Nigerians are frauds...........do not waste your time finding out courier charges to Nigeria and emailing these people.
Western UnionBid Pay is made by Nigerians......it is their website..........they give false confirmation of payments and may even cal you.
Once you hear the word Nigeria in your email............just tell those guys to Get lost.......!!!
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Hmmm Carefull everyone ... they get all your personal details .. they are active and present in INDIA. they can harm you !! !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

HELP: Cops are after a suspect who smart, witty, sexy and good lookin...so where you gonna hide ME?

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Dont respond to any mail from NIGERIA. Dont even abuse them or send any provoking email. It will simply harm you more.

REMEMBER they GET YOUR PERSONAL DEAILS UPON BIDDING !! THEY ARE PRESENT IN INDIA !!

CAREFULL EVERYONE !! !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

pnarendranayak
Community Member

I have also faced a same peoblem as mentioned by ajitkumarspatil_in1 this is very danger actually i was ready to send the item to adress but i read many rewievs and i stopped this,'

I AM VERY THANK FULL TO USERS WHO HAVE WROTE THIS SENTENCES

THANX
NARENDRA NAYAK
Message 10 of 14
latest reply