Feedback for Ebay : DSR on Shipping Time

takgye
Community Member
Hello,

Most buyers confuse shipping time with the delivery time.
The delivery time is not always in the hands of the seller.Ebay help pages states that shipping time is time taken by seller to hand it over to courier.

When asking for feedback in the feedback page
"Shipping time" Field can be replaced with
"Shipping Time (not time taken to deliver)"

A small change will change the DSR for all sellers.
We notice that even after shipping almost everything by next day we have a bad DSR for shipping !!

Also if item is shipped within some fixed "X" time , then seller can be automatically be given a DSR of 5.If not shipped within "X" time , ask buyer to give DSR.

Also DSR should be public.Seller should know which buyer gave what DSR rating.Why is such information being hidden?

Any hidden statistics will only affect the sellers and ebay. Data should be easily available. We sold and we should know where we faulted.

Thanks
takgye
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Good Point and I am agree with you...Yes there should be some fix rating if the seller shipped within some "X' time...
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I am totally agree
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

i also agree
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Its such a flawed system. The word "estimate" in itself is used as a (fact):
something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

The feedback itself which is summed up as an "opinion" of experience:

a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

and the DSR on shipping time which is based on a fact that isnt a fact as the whole argument is based from the start off of the word "estimate". A word which we, the seller, did not type and did not give. An explanation which is not visible until clicked thru by the buyer (never happens) and all efforts to articulate the truth of the terms are overshaddowed by big green letters showing delivery date as though it were fact with a picture of a truck doing 90 MPH with the order.

All of this and even if estimate and fact were indeed one and the same... Even then, in 99% of the cases the buyer is stating items arrived 4-10 days late etc are not even close to being possible once ONE day handling, Local Pickup times as late as 7pm, Weekends, and Holidays are taken into account. Yet ebay allows this one tiny little yellow star to impact entire account weather youve sold 100 items or 10,000 items with not so much as a bad feedback or dsr in any other area. I understand that eBay has to be looking for ways to compete with *** FBA program as that is just to amazing for buyers but punishing their sellers is not the way to do it in my humble OPINION.

After my final phone call Ill ever make to eBay in a hopeless attempt to find out why the three feedbacks involving shipping time were visibly removed from my page but the count for "removed DSRs in past 12 months still showed 1 .. And was told that they had been approved for removal but ebay waits till the 20th to actually remove them I couldnt resist offering my thoughts for the first time on any forum. Essentially stating that if I were sentenced to death for a murder I didnt commit that the governor would pardon me the day after I was executed. My status will get ruined no mater how many times I call, no matter how many times I am right, no matter how many times I am wrong.... But it will get fixed the day after it is ruined.. I dont think there is any way to state how I, we feel about this that is appropriate for any forum so in closing Ill say:............................................................

-TED's

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

well, common sense says---only item description could be judged cuz even after the trifles are included, a buyer

might not agree. but communication, shipping time, shipping charges are just concrete thingies--how could a buyer

get a chance even to rate those? for example-----a seller replies a buyer within 24 hours, seller tells the buyer when

item would be shipped, when item is shipped---what else is left then? ebay can easily monitor if needed, and seller

can get auto 5 stars. just cuz a buyer puts 3 stars means its acceptable? shipping time---ebay can easily have a frame,

say 48 hours---if item is shipped within that time, auto 5 stars. a buyer feels it should be 2 stars since item wasn't

delivered within 5 minutes of his placing order----is that acceptable either? shipping charges---there too ebay can

fix rates and anything listed with the prescribed rates can come up with 5 stars. a shipping and handling charge is

rs 40 for a 39 rs speedpost and 1 re for packing (where 10/12 rs r spent) with no additional fees for extra items, ending

up in 3 stars cuz the buyer wants to get elephants delivered to his bedroom on the seller's pocket---is that logic? maybe

in europe---but its india man, where 95% come, live and leave as anguttha chhaps---why leaving concrete logics in

their hands? NOW the question is---are we stupids to believe that what we can understand so easily, ebay can't?

sure ebay can do a lot abt it. but they won't. otherwise how'd ebay sell their amazing powership cakes? accept

powership----shipping time is 5 stars (those hell couriers i won't ever ship with even its for free)---etc etc. and

yeah, knowing ebay india and its ways----i won't be shocked if the reality is like: the buyer puts 5 stars on shipping

time, but ebay makes it 3 for me.  in fact, i have strong reasons to believe that ebay india can do anything seminasty

or nasty just to sell powership, powerbank, powerpack, powerphone, powerpc, powercam, etc.

already existing

------------------------

powership----------amazing ebay product. under this policy, only the ship may reach the buyer, not the item---and

the sellers will pay for the whole ship including the capt and crew. so what--sellers will get 5 stars:).

coming up

--------------

powerbank------all ebay money will go there. buyers are not allowed to raise claims against sellers who have

powerbank a/c. and sellers will get money from their a/cs only if they sell for 200 years with 100% feedback.

powerpack------sellers will have to buy ebay powerpacks @ rs 500 onwards. sellers can send empty packs,

cuz buyers won't be allowed to say a word  if the pack is 'ebay powerpack'.

powerphone----these ebay smartphones will be tagged at rs 50000. once order is placed, users will only have

to call the buyer (charges 500 bucks a minute)----then items shipped or not, chicken sent for elephant order or

not------all claims will be in sellers' favor.

powercam----ebay cams for taking item scans. priced at rs 25000, if sellers upload scans taken with this cam,

item description will get 5 stars---- i mean even if sellers take pics of any indian public toilet and list it as the

tajmahal.

long live ebay policies---there are so much to learn from ebay india.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply