FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

The minimum Final Value Fees (FVF) is being changed to Rs.10.00 from Rs.3.00.

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

The seller has to suffer because of incompetent ebay who does not know how to do business, they only know how to harass the seller and pamper the buyer.

This FVF hike is because of these same foolish policies of ebay because all good and genuine buyers have run away to other selling sites and only fraud buyers remain here.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

i am new seller on ebay & don't have any -ive feedback. but ebay team place limit on my listing for one month. They told me that you can"t list item more than 25000rs. How can we do business in just 25000rs sell in one month . So ebay is very ridiculous and mentally harassment website for selling purpose.My advised to new seller don't sell on ebay otherwise you loose your hard money and precious time. bbye ebay.........

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

When COD Buyer Not Accept The Parcel In That Case FVF Fees also Not Credit... So Whats the Use Of COD... Money Waste Time Waste Packing Waste Also Irrated... But Ebay Charged FVF Fees...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

It seems ebay dont like that sellers remain with this site. for items whose selling price is less than rs. 100, they start charging rs. 10 per item sold, paisapay charges extra means an item cost rs. 30 now will cost rs. 45+, increase in more than 50 %. why buyers will pay for this? they will definitely move to other site. with this type of  charges, ebay will loose both buyers and sellers

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

LOL friends its now time to leave the **bleep** EBAY........

ab alvida kehne ka waqt aa gya...............byeSmiley LOL

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

Our majority products are in the range of Rs 25 to 300,

as we give wholesale rates to our customers for bulk purchase,

and also offer them shipping discount upto Free.

Since this new FVF of Rs.10 Minimum being charged, as a seller , I had to appreciate Rs.10 on each item listed on ebay within range of Rs.150/- .

Where  a customer buys 100 pieces@  35 on ebay          Totalling to Rs 3500/- ( 140% cost to Ebay Customer)

He pays on only                100 pieces@  25 on other site  Totalling to Rs 2500/- only ( 40% Saving on other sites)

1000 x100% ==== 40 % extra charged to Ebay customer.

We as traders have to pass on the cost to the Customer,we have no other option.

I am sure the Intelligent team of Ebay is well aware about the price comparison websites,which by now all customers use after selecting the desired product , to check for best price on various E Commerce portals for final purchase.

I hope Ebay will formulate policies ,which will help boost the revenues for themselves ,as well as Traders while being Fair to our valuable Customers.

Where I appreciate removal of insertion fees following the same by other E Commerce websites ,

I strongly oppose charging of commission on per item basis.

E.g:  10 pieces @ Rs 25 ,EBAY commission = Rs 10 (minimum) x 10 units= Rs 100/-

Even charging a minimum commission of Rs 10 /- is acceptable for a single TRANSACTION,but why per item,

E.g:  10 pieces @Rs 25 ,EBAY commission is Rs 10/-(minimum) OR ( 7% of Rs 250 =Rs.17.5/- ),whichever is higher.

This is just discouraging the customer to order in quantity on Ebay,and switch to other sites.

Make policies to boost sale,Not reducing Volumes for Traders & Customers.

Thanks for Reading such a Long One!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

See above for the answer

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

FINAL VALUE FEES CHANGED

The change of FVF is adversely affecting the sellers, selling items of low sale value like "Stamp" category. FVF changed from Rs. 3/- to Rs. 10/- means sellers are at a loss on sale of the items of the value upto Rs. 200/- . It would be highly improper and unethical to pass on this burden to the buyer, who in all fairness may move away to other auction/selling platforms. Subsquently, another change in FVF is likely to come from 16th September 2014 in which even the shipping charges will be added to arrive at the FVF. What a draconian law and in my opinion Ebay has gone berserk to formulate such laws in a haste to have immediate financial gains to compensate for the free listing provided for last four months. Ebay is being very short sighted and looking into short term gains, may beat the cost of loosing some sellers of great standing.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply