Ebay Buyer Fraud, what to do ?

gurugrv
Community Member

Hello everyone, i recently sold a mobile phone worth Rs. 27,499 to a buyer in West Bengal. The package was received by the buyer but he says that the phone is missing from the package. I presume the buyer is trying to defraud me, what can I do to save myself ? Please help.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Do you have the Proof of dispatch reciept ? Do this POD has insured value of the sent value mentioned on it?

If you had insured the product you sent, then eBay will ask you to provide copy of the same and you need not to worry about anything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please click +Kudos button Below, if this answer resolves your concern.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I have the proof of dispatch receipt. But unfortunately the package was not insured.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

How could you defend yourself that you have sent an un-insured things of Rs 27000 ?

This is really going to be a tough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

difficult situation. btw, hope the buyer isn't a mandal?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I do have a declaration letter which has the details about package contents. I also have the the official transit report from DTDC which states the weight of the package at different destinations. And it is the same weight which was taken during dispatch and before it got delivered to the buyer.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Dear Sir,

Keep in constant touch with eBay on this issue and also provide them all proofs on their email as early as possible.

Also communicate with buyer only through your ebay messages.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I think you lost it. You need to prove eBay that you are right.

Please notice whether seller protection can be filed. May be that can recover some.

I had similar experience, but in that case, buyer was surely a cheat.

Last November, I sent a Blackberry phone to a buyer. It was costs 18K.

Item was fully insured for courier.

Item delivered to buyer. Sometime later, may be next day, he sent a message that wrong item delivered.

I asked for picture of the product. He sent it. And it was just a surprise! He sent a photo of a phone which can be available ~INR 500/- ( a dummy phone ).

Asked picture of the Parcel. Initially I assumed somebody from courier people did such thing. But parcel was as we sent it.

There was no option for me to submit any claim to courier company.

All the documents which I had, submitted to eBay including courier invoices.

Finally eBay refunded the buyer. I lost, efforts, times, money all.

Its not ended here.

Buyer, returned that dummy phone to me as per eBay instruction:-) Ha ha..

But, this dummy phone came in work for me. My 1.5 year old nephew, he is fond of phones. I gave it to him to play.

But alas! On the 3rd day, he just threw away. Its broken!

Story ends here.. 😉

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for sharing, really a nightmare. 🙂

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Maybe the phone was stolen by some courier person.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply