cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with new Sell your item form? Find answers here-10 Aug (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Have you tried the new, faster and flexible sell your item form yet? Loved it, hated it or gave up while listing on it. Give your feedback about the new form.

If you are having any difficulties while using the form or if you have any question, please join us on Online Workshop to find answers.

Topic: Any difficulty with new Sell your item form? Find answers here.
Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 10th Aug
Time: 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm (IST)

You may also post your question in advance on this thread. See you on 10th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

look24pc
Community Member
When I use 'sell similar' or 'relist', I find it not only slower than the old version, but also not function well. I have to click 'save changes' about 10 times to go to next page. So far I don't like it. 'Sell similar' /'relist' is a lot faster and time-saving than the new one.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

sandyphoto
Community Member
I have been selling on eBay for 8 1/2 years. I regularly have about 70 auctions running all the time. This new eBay listing form is terrible. Here's why...

#1) We need to be able to use this form faster. My computer is clogged by the use of this form.

#2) We absolutly need to be able to access our current eBay balance when listing an item, as we were able to do with the old form. I cannot see where we can do this with the new form.

#3) In my opinion as a PowerSeller, we need to be able to use the old form if we choose. Normally as a PowerSeller I rellist over and over.

#4) Of lesser importance to me, you cannot now set up a listing to start at a later time, as we could do before.

I know that I can use the old form if an item does not sell (although it is difficult to get to it but I was told how by eBay support) but I was told by eBay tech support on a chat today that if I am relisting an item that did not sell, I would need to email eBay customer support EACH AND EVERY TIME that I relisted an item that did not sell in order to make sure that I got credit for an unsold item.

I cannot imagine that having to email eBay for each and every item that did not sell to get credit will be workable for either sellers or for eBay.

What trouble that will be for me as I list about 250-350 items each MONTH! Please help me get the old form back!

This new listing form is extremely clunky, and greatly slows down my computer. eBay is no longer fun.

At least, please give those of use who prefer it, the option to easily use the old listing form wherever we wish...especially when relisting items, either unsold or sold.

Thanks, sandyphoto
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Dear eBay Team,
I had found a Bug in the New version of the Sell Your Item form.

I had listed all items with Gallery Plus as well as with Gallery feature to get the maximum benefits,But later when the items ended,I had relisted them in bulk.

But the item which were listed with Gallery plus,Now only show gallery and not Gallery plus after relisting.

I had to edit each and every ended items and had to select the Gallery Plus Feature again.That was really so time consuming and also very frustrating.

Now again I had tried to relist the item Individually,to check that the same thing happen or not.
But again the listings with Gallery Plus after relisting shows only gallery.

THAT MEANS I HAVE TO EDIT EACH AND EVERY ENDED LISTING AGAIN AND AGAIN TO ENABLE GALLERY PLUS FEATURE ON IT.

eBay Please kindly clarify me why this is happening?
I hope that a detail explanation will be provided in interest of ebay members.

Is it because you are providing Gallery plus free with Gallery( 0.25 for Gallery & Gallery Plus)???

Is that You want sellers to do EXTRA HARD WORK without any sense?

Now about the feedback for the new selling form:

I really dint liked this new selling form

It really made the process of listing items time consuming and complicated.

Its seems that there was need of better selling form but Thanks to eBay we got a worst one.

This is how it goes,Problems problems all aroud and at the end we will just get assurance(No result).

Please please do reply me at the earliest.

With Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Deep Agarwal (shree_krishna_gems)

With regards to your post, I understand you had relisted items in Bulk with Gallery and Gallery Plus, however it only picked up Gallery and not Gallery Plus.

We tested this at our end and were not able to replicate the issue. Hence i would request you to kindly provide us some Item Id's that you relisted so that we can check the listings and identify the issue.

Please do send us the Item ID's through Contact us using the following link:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

Once you send us the Item Id's, our team will look into the listings and check for the bug.

From your post I also understand have faced discontent with the New Sell Your Item form. I would request you to kindly provide us with more details on issues you have faced so that we can try our best to improve it.

Look forward to your response.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

mirrormaskman
Community Member
I like the new design but there is one MAJOR problem... there is no indication if an item has been relisted or not...no where does it say, like it use to, that relisting credit maybe awarded if an item sells a second time. I've tried this on various items.

Can someone please explain?

Message 15 of 32
latest reply

simranhandicrafts_in1
Community Member
Hi
I am sarabjeet i have a problem with selling i listed my items for 10 days duration and now i listing is in ending time but as i can see that nobody even seen it then please tell me how can my items will sell as i belongs to a midle class family house wife and want to start my business from home.

Thank you

Sarabjeet
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Dear PreetiJi,
First Thanks You for taking time to reply to me post,I am really very sad & disappointed with a bad customer service from eBay.
Any way as regards to your request for providing more details about the problems,I had provided all the details to my account manager( Mr. Abhisekhji).

I had also contacted customer care with all the details as well as forwarded items ids but they replied that everything is O.K and they cant do anything about it.

But just for the records till day the problem is still there and I just left with one job i.e to wait wait & wait.

I feel sorry to write such things on the community board but I bealive its for the Good.

If you want any more information from me,Please do contact me and I will be happy to provide and explain all problems to you.

The NEW FORM needs a lot for improvement and user must be provided with the option to use OLD FORM.

***Remember NEW IS ALWAYS NOT BETTER***

Well I once again thank you to reply me.

With Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Deep Agarwal (shree_krishna_gems)

Thank you for forwarding the details to our customer support.

The customer service team did look into the issue and were able to replicate it. I am happy to let you know that the bug has been resolved.

I would request you to kindly check at your end and confirm if you are still facing the same problem while relisting.

In addition to this I would also like to share that there is an option to use the Old Sell Your Item form. Once you click on the Sell button on the eBay Header, you would see a link stating "List using the original Sell Your Item form".

You can always click on that link and go back to the old Sell Your Item form.

If you have any further queries / issues with the New Sell Your Item form please feel free to post them here.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Dear PreetiJi,
Thanks a lot for your help.Please note that I am not able to see the picture of the items in my ebay.
The thumbnail of the items helps to identify the items fast and easily.
But Instead of thumbnai,I am just can see green camera.
Thats a problem I am facing from 2 months and so.
The problem had been reported to ebay customer care as well as my account manager,but you see till today its not solved.

So can you please kindly help me out and update me with the issue.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

lidlekidlefan
Community Member
Regarding the new Sell you item form, I have had so many problems trying to get my cursor to go into the Description field. It simply will NOT go in! I updated Java, and cleared out my cache, but it still will not go.
Any suggestions? I'd sure like to sell something! I've tried turbo lister, but I'd rather just click on sell on the ebay page. HELP!!!
Message 20 of 32
latest reply