cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemplation On Legal Action Against eBay India

prafulstore9769
Community Member
Dear Community,

In my earlier post, i wrote about the way ebay has been over billing my account and also charging me for things which were to be free. I have been over billed in the following cases:

1. I have been charged for seller manager pro when it was supposed to be for free for first 30 days. (Invoice For Proof)

2. I have been charges for featured shop which was also supposed to be for free for first 30 days.(Invoice For Proof)

3. Ebay clearly states that seller can list over the maximum charges of Rs.1500/- for free. They have charged me more that the Rs.1500/- amount. It is mentioned here:

"The maximum listing fees you can pay in a month is Rs. 1500. So if your listing fees exceeds Rs.1500 in a month, you can list additional items (over and above the maximum cap of Rs 1500) for free."
Link: http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html

4. I have already made a payment of Rs.2000/- via credit card at the end of last month (September). My charges should have been Rs.1500/- (Max Listing Fee) + Rs.271/- (Final Value Fee) + Rs.219/- (Sevice Tax Inc. Edu. Cess). Total Rs.1990/-.

However despite the above and repeated complaints to ebay and also email to their INRSWEBHELP@EBAY.COM id, there is no one to assist me.

One Mr. Nitin Bane from their billing team has already stated to me that it is their policy that I have to make full payment over the Rs.1500/- amount and get credit next month. The ebay website and help pages state otherwise as above.

Though I have made my payment, their invoices state otherwise.

I am contemplating on legal action and moving court against ebay on their unjust and unfair policy specially to new sellers. Should any sellers have experienced similar problems, please feel free to write to me on prafulstore@gmail.com

Regards,
Sahil Rewari
For The Praful Store
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

ratnachhaya
Community Member
Fellow Sellers,

I word of advice from me.

I was and am seller on eBay.com since 2001. Till Dec 2005 I was residing in USA and now in India.

If you think and want to take advantage of offers/promotions or so like, eBay.com is only reliable and prompt place.

If you want your life at peace and don't want to fall for fake promises and sham ideal promotons, never go for any such thing on eBay.in.

If you sum up discussions on each and every area, you will find that this is all along case on eBay.in. Just visit eBay.com boards and u will rarely find such.

Remeber, eBay.in represents some of us....cheating buyers and fraud sellers. They make money pointing to sellers and buyers and inbetween a policy which is never have a fundamentals of trust and fair to all.
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I have no issues. I rarely had any in last 4 years. I love ebay india. I am proud about my home site. Pinks are efficient. A/C manager is helpful. Always attends calls. Fellow members are friendly. I advice you to ask your a/c manager to escalate your issue. It will be done.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

i have no issues with ebay. i am wokring with it from last 4 years
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

crab127
Community Member
i had bought six items from e bay not even one item reached me ,two of the jewellers have refunded the money one jweller shows delivery but item hasnt reached me three others refunds have been rejected i am highly dissappointed please help
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

dvpramod1989
Community Member
Hello,

I have bought a MP3 player from the buyer Maxworth seller on october 1st. The device is not working . The seller is not responding to my calls and emails. And hence I have given a negative feedback on him. And he has appealed to the ebay court on this feedback. And still he is not responding to my calls. Please suggest me a solution for that .

Thanks
Message 15 of 28
latest reply

kichu7161
Community Member
halo,i'm kichu7161 and new to this site and i had bought a sunglass named safevue driving sunglasses from giftandlifestyle but wen i got the product one of the glass was dislocated and i contacted them.they immediatily replace the item so i'm very thankful to ebay and giftandlifestyle.
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

myshree_2007
Community Member
i have sold some article on ebay thorough auction. but the buyer cbrajender has not paid yet. i have also opened an unpaid item case in this regard. i am going to close the case soon. but this is not the solution. every time we are listing the item by spending a couple of hour or two and these timepass buyers are bidding for no reason as they are not intended to buy the product. wasting time. i request you to suspend the membership of this buyer.
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

sebinmk01
Community Member
iam place bid for this item,and i win for this item,and i pay 150rs,30392468924 this is the paisa id,the courier reached ,they tell that you have to pay more 850Rs,i have a call from ebay they tell me that you are the winner and pay rs 150 only,what will be i do,please help.i think the seller is cheating me this is the mail he send me
,Dear sebinmk01,

i already told you that you have to pay 858 to the courior person..
the call you are talking about is fake..
courir is there in your city and you have to pay for that.
this auction was only for confirmation of your order.
and you confirmed and therefore the order is dispatched from our side..

- ritu_26
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

call2anirban
Community Member
Dear Sir,

Today i purchased one item using my ebay gift voucher & onlne bank transfer paisa pay id is: 32307071036, now the status is showing payment under process", so i request it to release the payment so that the seller can dispatched my item asap.

With regards,

Anirban Naha
ebay id: call2anirban
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Hello Anirban,

Payment in process generally get auto- accepted within 72 working hours. Kindly wait, we will do all the needful.
Message 20 of 28
latest reply