Consignee Refused Delivery

I am a new seller,and had sold an item,now eBay forcefully applies cod to all powership.and my item also came under cod since I'm a Powership subscriber.
My item sold and I immediately packed and marked it ready to ship.
But the pickup was done 3 days later by bluedart and item reached almost 9 days later due to the diwali holidays.
Now the buyer refused to take delivery.
Whose fault is it? My for being prompt and sending the item on time.
I had even emailed the buyer about the possible delay.
But as usual I think eBay would be deaf to sellers plea.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why do not you use your Nearby courier servive like DTDC ? Is there any law you have to use their(ebay) courier service instead of your choosen one
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As a Powership subscriber I cannot use my own courier,will see for sometime if the problem persists, I might have to unsubscribe from Powership.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

vijyesy
Community Member

If you delay the item to the buyer it is your fault. You should go and ask bluedart to refund your shipping charge for delaying. The buyer did nothing wrong. When a buyer buys something, he expects it to arrive within 6-8 days. If you take 12-13 days, it becaomes a bit too much. Also, bluedart has some responsibility to deliver the item in time or refund the shipping cost. You should ask bluedart to refund the shipping cost as they violated the timeline. Blaming the buyer is useless.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply