cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Minimum Final Value Fee affecting "Stamp" category sellers

The change of minimum FVF is adversely affecting the sellers, selling items of low sale value like "Stamp" category. Minimum FVF changed from Rs. 3/- to Rs. 10/- means sellers are at a loss on sale of the items of the value upto Rs. 200/- . In July 2014 I sold a stamp for Rs. 20/- and I have been charged Rs. 10/- as minimum Final Value Fee. I dont see any logic behind it of charging 50% of the sale value. It would be highly improper and unethical to pass on this burden to the buyer, who in all fairness may move away to other auction/selling platforms. Subsquently, another change in FVF is likely to come from 16th September 2014 in which even the shipping charges will be added to arrive at the FVF. What a draconian law and in my opinion Ebay has gone berserk to formulate such laws in a haste to have immediate financial gains to compensate for the free listing provided for last four months. Ebay is being very short sighted and looking into short term gains, may be at the cost of loosing some sellers of great standing.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Change in Minimum Final Value Fee affecting "Stamp" category sellers

CATS Limited Edition , Very Fine
Final price: Rs. 30.00 (Auction)
25169961486007-Nov-2014 21:45:44 ISTFinal Value feeRs. 10.00
CATS Limited Edition , Very Fine
Final price: Rs. 30.00 (Auction)
25169961334107-Nov-2014 21:43:21 ISTFinal Value feeRs. 10.00

Its very harsh by ebay india to steal seller's money with greedy approach. I fear I need to find an alternative for ebay. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply