cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone suggest cheap and reliable courier options?

thewisdomcart
Community Member
Hi,

I recently started selling books on Ebay, and while I have received a decent response, I am having a bit of difficulty in finding a good, cheap and reliable courier service.

I have mostly been using Professional Courier till now, but my experience has been similar to other ebay sellers. ( the price is ok, but they have already lost one parcel, and the delivery is almost always delayed..)

Have just switched to Blaze-flash, but don't think they are too reliable either. ( But they seem ok for now)

Can anyone recommend some other services? Not sure, if i can afford to pay more than Rs. 30-50/- per book in courier fees.

Thanks,
Regards,
Mehul Jain
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Hi Mehul Jain,

You may send by "Registered Post Parcel Printed Matter".
For Printed material, Post office has got special rate. Suppose weight is 1 kg. So registration charge is Rs 20/-plus they charge Rupee 1/- per 100 grams that is Rs 10/- for 1 k.g. So total is 30/-

They deliver safely and any smallest place of the ountry.
I think this will be most cost effective.

Wish you best of selling,

Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Sitare_Jewels
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

onestopshop4brands
Community Member
Try Flying Courier, they are one of the best national carrier and their charge is also quite cheap.
Message 12 of 37
latest reply

phoenix_pearls_hyd
Community Member
hey DTDC is by far the best optionas they are very much negotiable. And the deliveries are within time.
Though at remote locations they may take some time or parcels get misplaced but its very rare and after all its part of business.
Message 13 of 37
latest reply

sunrekstore
Community Member
Hi, I have been selling on ebay from past 5 years and my experience says that for different regions you need to choose different courier services.

For North India and North East region Blazeflash courier is best. For central india, DTDC is best. For South India Professional courier is best this is because of their established network. For remote locations and smaller towns Speedpost / registered post is best.

incase of any help/ comments I can be reached at boss@sunrek.com.

Happy Selling

Sandeep
M-9837712411
Message 14 of 37
latest reply

m working with DTDC from last 1 year its more then good for me 😉 super fast delivery & insurance claim same time detected in Bill.
Message 15 of 37
latest reply

happy_deals365
Community Member
Dear seller, I like to inform you that for the past 1 yr i am been using BLUE DART and DHL Couriers, there charges are almost equal when compared to others. I have shipped mobiles worth 36k and i has reached the customers safely in 1 day.

I recommend BLUE DART or DHL as anywhere in INDIA they delivery it within 1 day and around the world they delivery it in 3 days.

I recently lost one of my parcels (worth RS.4k) and the company paid me the full amount in just 3 working days:-). I hope no other courier service offers cash so fast.

Sellers pls note that we all trade for the best of customers satisfaction, and i think spending a little amount extra(Rs.10) for the couriers will not cause any problem.In-fact these companies have there own private flights and excellent service support by updating everything once it is implemented.

Hope you would not mind spending a little extra for the couriers.

For any other clarifications regarding there service kindly email me- gamer_goks@yahoo.in.B-)

Thanks,
happy_deals365.
Message 16 of 37
latest reply

well i hv been to an ebay seminar recently they are hving a huge change in ebay.in, you dont hv to worry abt shipping charges.
Yes, m right seller don't have to make any contracts with any courier service ebay is planning to do it them selfs.
ebay will put a fix shipping charge for each categories and seller cannot increase it. System will inform Seller by which courier you have to ship the parcel and you just need to call that particular courier and handover the parcel.
PaisaPay is taking care of the shipping charges which will deducting in your each transaction remittance same like ebay & PaisaPay fees are deducted.
There was a hell lot of discussion over this topic at the time of seminar but i cant write everything here. Plan is hopefully implemented by mid of next year or maybe earlier.
Message 17 of 37
latest reply

bookmine_india
Community Member
Hi Mehul,

I have used Aramex as our shipping partner. Their service is wonderful. They deliver books in 24-48 hours to all major Indian cities. They send books by air only and charge Rs. 35 per half kg. For small towns or remote areas, always use Indian Postal Service. Send books as "Registered Printed Books". They charge Rs. 22 for half kg and Rs. 27 for one kg. Their service is very reliable for such areas. Never use any courier for these areas.

Happy selling
Azeem
Message 18 of 37
latest reply

Hello Friends!
The best cheap option and that to reliable is
TNT!!!

Its the best ,, responsible company !

its very costly for first time/ walkin customer..
But for frequent shippers its the best and fast

Prices are negoitiable!
i use to send mobiles now for 80-100rs including insurance,,,
which will cost you 250 same here for non members!!

Moral of the story- Contract a deal with a courier company with competitive rates!
It needs Atleast 15 shipment in a month,,
Safest FOr mobile- TNT!
Message 19 of 37
latest reply

satyacan
Community Member
Which will be the best and right courier for sending Coins ? thanks in advance
Message 20 of 37
latest reply