cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone suggest cheap and reliable courier options?

thewisdomcart
Community Member
Hi,

I recently started selling books on Ebay, and while I have received a decent response, I am having a bit of difficulty in finding a good, cheap and reliable courier service.

I have mostly been using Professional Courier till now, but my experience has been similar to other ebay sellers. ( the price is ok, but they have already lost one parcel, and the delivery is almost always delayed..)

Have just switched to Blaze-flash, but don't think they are too reliable either. ( But they seem ok for now)

Can anyone recommend some other services? Not sure, if i can afford to pay more than Rs. 30-50/- per book in courier fees.

Thanks,
Regards,
Mehul Jain
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

dtdc is good.
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
For your price range DTDC is good.It is reliable too.
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

thewisdomcart
Community Member
thank you. will give them a try.
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

old_hub
Community Member
SPEED POST IS THE BEST OPTION FOR SHIPPING YOUR BOOKS AS IT WILL COST YOU RS 25 FOR 50 GRAMS.THIS FACILITY IS AVAILABLE AT ANY NEARBY LOCAL POST OFFICE.CHECK THE TARRIF AT http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Netscape/SpeedPost.html
IT IS ALSO CONVENIENT AND THE ITEM IS BEEN RECEIVED BY THE BUYER IN 3-4 WORKING DAYS.
YOU CAN ALSO SHIP YOUR ITEM OUT OF INDIA BY THIS SAME SERVICE ,BUT IT WILL BE A BIT COSTLY.FOR CHEAP ,YOU CAN GO FOR A REGISTERED AIR MAIL SERVICE PROVIDED BY POST OFFICE.
THE CHARGES ARE MAXIMUM RS 120 TO RS 150.
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

dont go ever for speedpost because those people are bunch of thugs.
Go for DTDC

Samin
Message 6 of 37
latest reply

thewisdomcart
Community Member
Thanks @antique.coin and @rajawadu... actually, don't think Speedpost will work out anyway.. It's pretty expensive. Don't think I can afford to pay ~ Rs. 50/- for each book that ships out (considering most of the parcels end up being more than 0.5 kg)

I am in the process of trying Trackon and Blazeflash, there rates seem to be reasonable. don't know if there service is good enough. The problem is, these experiments can prove to be very costly if the parcels get delayed because of the courier... it's hard to keep the customers calm.
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

thegenuinecollections
Community Member
Hi good service always comes at a premium.So better go for DTDC.In the move to save a few bucks do not lose your reputation.A negative feedback is a severe headache than a extra 10 or 20Rs.
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

try pafex, they are part of fedex now, very good service with good pricing
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

2908_s
Community Member
Which will be the right courier for sending mobiles. many courier never accept mobiles at all.
Message 10 of 37
latest reply