Can an Indian sell to Ebay international??

shouvikm123
Community Member
Whenever i type in the address bar
http://www.ebay.com
it automatically redirects to
http://ebay.in

Can an indian seller sell to ebay international?

in ebay india, while selling an item, i see, not the dollar option, but the rupees option.

Does that mean i can not sell in dollars?
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

snrama
Community Member
Hi shouvikm123,

Glad to see that you are interested in selling Internationally.

As you are registered and from India, when ever you type eBay.com, it will automatically redirect to eBay.in as you can cancel this preference.

Yes, You can sell internationally. Just make a listing and select the Shipping as World Wide.

A small fee of Rs.15/- will be charged per listing.

Your listing will be promoted in all eBay websites.

Also I suggest you to register PaisaPay as it accepts all credit cards internationally and easy to receive payments.

Happy Selling! ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

preetim@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear shouvikm123,

As an Indian seller you can sell to international buyers through www.ebay.in.

As suggested by snrama you can create your listing on www.ebay.in and select to ship the product to international buyers. When a buyer goes to an eBay international site and searches for a product, if your product meets the search criteria it will show up in the search results.

With regards to the currency of the item, if you list the product on eBay.in you have to enter the price in Indian Rupees however if a buyer sees your product on an eBay international site he will also see the price in his home currency.

For example: If a buyer from the US searches for your product he will automatically see your product in Indian Rupees and the equivalent price in US Dollars.

In addition to this you can also choose to directly sell your products through eBay International sites by directly listing on that site.

For more details on International Selling visit the International Selling Tutorial.
Regards,
Preeti

Regards,
Preeti
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

havenindia
Community Member
Hi, I had same querie and ebay replied...that by adding the international listing option, your item is still only available to people abroad if they type in your item number (which if course they do not know!).

So, the only way to make your items known outside of India and trade in foreign currency, is to go to the foreign ebay site direct(ebay.com, ebay.co.uk), click on Sell and list your item in the other currency.

I have done this, its true and the bonus is that once you list one item, it will display the "view sellers other items" link and display your India stuff in Rupees.

The fees for listing are much higher on the other ebay sites, but are converted to rupees in my ebay.

Another way to get your item noticed without paying fees is by going to the other ebay.coms and responding to a "want it now" post..this lists your item directly in response to an advert.
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

pravindra_pal
Community Member
Hey frnds,
I am indian and I have sold many items on directly ebay.com
I have sold items equal to amount of $500
I did't face any problem in selling on ebay.com
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Hello,

M unable to list an item on ebay.com as it say I have restriction and need account approval.

Please let me know how can i get my account approved.Also is it true that I have to sell 3 months forst in india and get good reviews to sell intenationally?

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

hi dear i just read your replay for some ppl about selling on ebay .com i just want to knw from you some information if u nt mind 

how ill do shipping to other countries 

and about the shipping payment if ill charge paypal will pay and which company ebay will use in india 

and the shipping company thy will come to take my things or i have to go to them 

m sry for long qustion but if u can help me 

thanx 

my email , jumanmoon@gmail.com

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Hi,

But when we list our items on ebay.com, then we make a sale, can buyer sees the payment method(as in ebay.com it is paypal , ans sellers also receive the amount through paypla), but here in India it is paisapay.

How selling on ebay.com makes easy, I have registered for paypal with bank account. Please help!

Thanks

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

but ebay.in put some restrictions before u start selling internationally are u aware of that thing how can we do business internationally even ebay customer care dont has a valid answer.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

hi cn u hlp me out. m seller on eby facing problme of genearting shipping lable. they ask me to chnage shipping address. its indicate i must enter usa address. wht should i do

Message 10 of 24
latest reply