cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer provided wrong address and now claimed product not received!

Hello everyone

I sold a product and the shipping address was mentioned as Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh and a pincode was also given.

I shipped the product via fedex to the shipping address mentioned.

Today buyer opened product not received case and filed for Money return.

I contacted the buyer and found out that he is from Ujjain and the pincode was also from Ujjain but the address clearly mentioned Bhopal!

He says that the address is correct in his account and ebay sent the wrong address!

I have already sent an email to paisapaycod and insellerverification explaining the issue.

It would take 2-3 days more to reach the product to Ujjain now from Bhopal.

Ebay says that if the item is in transit I should halt the delivery. But If I do that I would lose unnecessary shipping charges because of fault of ebay/customer.

What should be done in this case. Any advise would be great.

Regards
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Dear sahilgoel_19

what we do to cross these types of issues is:

1. Crosscheck the City with the state/pin mentioned in address.

Its 100% buyer's mistake. But you should be smart enough to get idea from state/pin and city mentioned.

Or if you still feel any doubt, you should contact buyer first. It hardly takes 2-5 minutes if your sales are less than 25-30/ Day.

2. As you have dropped email to eBay Logistics, i think buyer would be OKAY if he gets item in 2-3 days more timeframe.

About the unnecessary shipping, i should we sellers should be humble enough if we do not make profit in 1 transaction to make buyer satisfy.

I hope this would help.

SmartPhoneForEver

SmartPhoneForEver
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello

There are 1000s of pincodes in India. I dont know how you expect the person to get the idea of the state and city by looking at the pincode!

As far as satisfying the buyer is concerned these things are a case if a buyer is courteous enough to accept his mistake not if he mentions the wrong address, refuses his mistake and file a claim later saying he did not receive the product!

Though My sale on ebay is not much I still expect some common sense from buyers that they would provide something as basic as the address correct.

Having said that I already contacted the courier service and told them to route the courier back to the correct address.

However the issue is buyer can still claim refund saying he didnt get it within the Timelines!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I also  faced same problem, but atleast paisapay should not refund shippiing charges if buyer eccept his fault. is there any way to convey paisapay to not refuund shipping charges. <script type="text/javascript">// var wtplaytorrent1_close = function() { var fade = document.getElementById("wtplaytorrent1_fade"); fade.parentNode.removeChild(fade); el = document.getElementById("wtplaytorrent1"); el.style.display="none"; setTimeout(function() {el.parentNode.removeChild(el)}, 500)} // </script>

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You will also loose the eBay commision which already invoiced if you cancel the order.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

For PIN Codes, the courier people does checking while booking the Item.

You can think this to be an exception or the booing guy was Lazy enough.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply