cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience shipping to West Bengal lost Computer Cabinet

I recently shipped an old computer cabinet with an Smps to West Bengal using Registerd Parcel Post, and after 20 days it has still not reached its buyer. Did i do something wrong? Is it not possible to ship to West Bengal? Now neither Post Office Know of its whereabouts. I have filed a complaint online and thats just the way it is with no changes so far.

Does anyone know if i can get any compensation from India Post? Is West Bengal some forbidden destination or something like that?

The destination Pincode is 733141 Gopalganj.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping to west bengal via SURFACE mode is indeed an issue. Check bluedart regulatory guidilines for example-

http://www.bluedart.com/regulatory.html#n28

If you would use surface mode it is better not to ship to west bengal at all. (Not very sure if form requirements are applicable via India post as well).

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

sometime ago I too oredere a tablet pc and the seller sent it through india post I got the product after 15 days Its better to give a complaint in person pl don.t send products through india post as you see they lie unattended in railway stations

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If nothing reaches at all, will I be able to claim compensation from India Post? Total was 495+79=574. Out of that I spent 183 on postage.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Will I at least be able to get some compensation from the post office? I sold for 495+79 out of that I spent 183 on shipping. If nothing reaches, will the post office give me some compensation?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply