Are Sales down in end Dec-Start of Jan 2015?

Anybody experiencing decrease in sales volume for the last couple of weeks?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Sales picked up for me around end
of Nov. 2014. Best all year.
Then stopped last week...no messages,
no sales...very creepy, it's like some switch
was pushed at Ebay and I'm in the dark.
I feel like I am Left Behind....hope it picks
up soon. I am re-doing my titles, lowering
prices and offering more FS.
All I can do is wait...patiently.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Yes we have experienced a real downfall in sales in December and january

Don't know what is the issue but our account manager says it's a technical problem.

Which I don't think is the case.

No information if anyone have same issues please post.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I dont think there is any technical problem It only bcoz ebay not marketing website. I think top manager team must market website just as other are doing or ebay need to shut dowm its india office. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Now they are charging minimum 10 INR final value.....feedback revision policies are changed. Remiitance policies are chnagd.

It's getting difficult to run the accounts which such a high operative cost products listing fees and shop rents etc.

I think we Must create ebay seller forums....outside to discuss this.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yes the idea of discussing things outside ebay is right.. We can make a whatsapp group for the same.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Hello,

Maybe your sales are down, I am sorry for that but 

As a Buyer let you tell you the following -

Some sellers dont bother to reply to buyers when we have a problem or want some answers about a product. 

For Example - I had messaged 2 buyers selling the same product. One of the seller didnt even bother replying to me. 
Why should I waste my time and effort on ebay then? 

The other seller replied to be and calrified all my doubts -  Result ? He got my business.
Not only that because of me he will get 10 more sales because I will recomend him to everyone I know. 

Based on these factors some buyers have moved to other portals. 

I have increased my buying on several other portals - I did only 3-4 purches on ebay rest were on other portals - 

My reduction in purchases on ebay was plainly because of one my transations on ebay went bad. Seller refused to reply to me.
All this for a small Rs 180 item.  (I left my first negative feedback in over 5 years!) 

I hope sellers understand that being honest and open works in 2 ways. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Truly, sales have dropped considerably on ebay and has been steeply dropping, except a brief phase around diwali.

I started with a small inventory in june last year but sales were really encouraging but now I have pumped in a lot more inventory, I am a Top Rated seller with only 1 fraudulent negative (from a buyer who needed refund in lieu of not giving neg. feedback without proving item defect
, which I did not agree to and he left it) otherwise all were positive,

I reply to all buyer messages still since the big billion day on Fkart and Sdeal sales are constantly going down and it is gradually feeling like not worth it anymore.

Ebay needs to pump up its marketing, only google ads will not take it anywhere. There should be newspaper and TV ad campaign.

Also the ebay app should be more dynamic like that of sdeal. Eg. Giving hourly deals to give exposure to all sellers.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

HI  I have good experience on ebay, there is always demand for some products,  I am selling solar products on ebay,  business is slow,   in  october i have started selling GAS SAFETY DEVICE,  that  month i  have  a good business of this product in october and november,  then  in decemer i have selling solar charge controller with mobile charging,  it has also good business,   suddenly  in january  the business is dull,   for both products,  in february  in have started selling  power banks,  very very good response,  i sold almost 50 pieces in  5 days,  unfortunately  the product was replicate of  good brand,  so i stopped selling that.

please search your self a new products, and search which products are in demand,  defenetly we good busiess    this is personal experience,   searching a good product for march  🙂

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

yes...this march month...very less bids..february was uch better..i even had loss on some items..what is the reason...where all buyers gone..it  seems only sellers are left on ebay with 20% comitted buyers.. who buy each others product..

Message 10 of 15
latest reply