cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am an individual selling my own organic products through ebay, but keep on asking me for GST ??

Hello, 

Am selling organic products through ebay but keep on asking for the GST registraion... How to solve this.. My products cost only 400 to 500 only...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Am an individual selling my own organic products through ebay, but keep on asking me for GST ??

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What has product cost got to do with GST registration ? even if your product cost is Rs.1/- you need to have GSTIN if you want to sell on ebay.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

GSTN is must for all the online sellers, regardless of the amount.

It looks like after July 1st only handful of sellers would be left on ebay.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It doesn't matter whether you are selling item for Rs 40 or Rs 400, GST is must for selling online. I am not sure whether your products belong to exempted category but even in that case GST is mandatory.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is absolutely absurd...

Why would GST be applicable to Non-company Personal accounts who're trying to sell their Used goods once or twice a month ?

Why would payment be on hold for products sold BEFORE the GST system starts on 1st July ??  Those sales don't even come under the purview of GST ...

Customer support is of no help .. no one knows anything ... "Policy hai" .. that's the only reply they can give ...

heh...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

i ocassionally sell my old stuff online when i upgrade.i am not a regular seller.

I sold an external HDD on 29- MAY-2017  of which buyer confirmed receipt on 1st june and my remittance was due 26-06-2017.

Now it shows i need to provide GSTIN for my remittance to be processed.

it is not possible for me to provide GST.

Also , i do not plan to sell anything online on or after 1st july nor i have any item that is due for delivery after 30th june.

So, what should i do now? help is greatly appreciated from exprerienced sellers.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Dear Samir have you tried communicating with the eBay support team and explain this to them? What did they tell you?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply