Account put on hold- unble to list

I have been a member since 2001. I started selling two years back my stamp collection. I paid more than INR. 2 lakhs last year as ebay fees. I have a 100% feed back of  more than 2000 as on today.. I have never defaulted a payment in the last 15 years.

I paid the July invoice through my debit card. details are as below.

30/07/2016

PURCHASE SUBJECT: MCUPOS 30JUL0309 Card no.: 5125XXX4XXXX9404 30JUL BAAZEE.COM - BILLING Ref: 621261612183 Ref No :- 30JUL0309

I got reminders from that so called collection tyeam  but thoght that it will be squared up on 15 th august. Then I find that my account is restricted /put on hold . I contacted the the so called Help desk. Nobody gives me a reply. One of the said to me today that " Thers is something is wrong with our system. Please call later. ".

I have checked with citibank  They confirm the transfer and gave me the payment coupon no. This was passed on to ebay India. No one replies. No call goes through. I get a vague reply about they are working on it.

But the bottom line is my new listings have been stopped for the last 8-9 nine days.

Please tell me , what do I do in this kind of situation. I have told them that that I will take them to consumer court. There is no reply.

Please someone tell as to why this kind of  indifference , inefficiency ,apathy and total lack of concern exists in the ebay. India.

Regards

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I owe to the ebayers the near happy ending to my rantings and ravings. A couple of hours back . I get this reply after I had  forwarded the my complaint to everybody under the sun in ebay india.

RE: Re: Fees, billing and invoices SR# 1-83538592481

Hello Sankaran,

Thank you for contacting eBay India Customer Service.

We understand from your mail that you made the eBay payment via online transfer.

After reviewing your eBay account we noticed that we have received your payment.

On Aug-25-16 03:06:09 PDT By Online Bank Of Rs 1,865.31/-

We trust that this information has been useful to you.

Regards,

Pradeep Bhandari

eBay India Customer Service

They are trying to make it appear that they have received it today. No remorse . No apology. There is now credit in  my ebay account for the July fees  in question. But the "Hold" is still on . They are saying that I have to pay the August invoice tdday as I was late in paying the previous invoice. The August in voice normally is due only by Sept 15th.

Something is wrong with ebay india Billing and collection department.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Today's update.

Even though they have credited  my July Fees , my selling account is still on hold even after 24 hours. When contacted the billing department informs me that it will take 24-48 hours to restore and remove the " Hold"..

Looks like it is my fault that I paid the fees on the time . These guys are simply apathetic. They do not appreciate that I have not been able to list my items for the past seven days because of their goof-up.

I wish the ebay India  billing department all the best for their future continuance like this . Something has to give.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Final Update:

Today on 27th August 2016 my eBay account was reinstated and I am moving on.

But looking back  one wonders judging by the casual , ham-handed  handling of this matter by eBay India’s Billing department  whether this is  a frequent  occurrence and this is their standard response. Or are they under instructions not to admit their oversight as it may lead to a law suit.

Whatever it is ,the amount is too small and the mental agony of being unfairly restricted when one has paid in proper time is the only bitter aftertaste of this matter.

Therefore I am moving on. I had the experience, a clean 10-15 years record in the eBay, a + ve feedback of 2000+ plus to make these guys to take me seriously and act.  I wonder what happens to the small novice sellers in the same predicament when placed in a similar situation.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

abdshop
Community Member

lucky our sellers account still restricted its very true that selling on ebay is very in secure compare with other s

Message 5 of 5
latest reply