A few questions about Powership.

Hi,

I started to sell on ebay a couple of months ago. Everything is fine but I am having some problems in shipping. So I decided to go for ebay powership program. I have some questions in mind and I sent a mail to powership team but got no reply from them, So I thought to take advice of the sellers here.

1. I have just started my business and not yet applied for a VAT number. So, I cannot generate an invoice. Can I send my items with powership without an invoice. Just by giving the shipping declaration and/or order statement

2. If I am out of packing materials provided by ebay then can I send the orders in my packing material or I have to wait for the packing material from ebay and if that comes late then do I have to cancel my orders?

3. While registered to power ship, is it compulsory to send all the orders through powership or I can send some orders from my Tie-ups also.

Existing powership users please help. It will also be helpful for other new sellers.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Here you go with your answer :

1) You don't need to generate any VAT/CST bill unless you have order for Orissa ( You need 402A form to make item deliver to Orissa buyer.) To avoid this, Kindly refund any Orissa buyer who purchase item.

2) Before your powership activate, you will get your packing material in bulk. You don't have to worry about packing material, ebay will surely help you with this.

3) Once the order place, you will see in your paisapay, a logo of fedex, bluedart, or Aramax. If there is no logo against your sold paisapay, you need to send item normally.

You don't have to worry about this. Before Powership live on your account, you will get call from ebay and they will teach you each and everything.
Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Thank you so much for clearing my doubts. Its really helpful and now I can join the powership program without any tension.

I got a mail from ebay to join powership and I accepted it. They asked for how much packing material I need per month. I told them an estimate and hope if it finishes before a month then they will send it fast.

Thanks a lot again.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I am not sure how you are saying that no vat bill is required.

Couriers such as bluedart, fedex, dtdc wont take any parcel without proper invoice.

Apart from that its not only Orissa where form is required. Form 39 is required for Uttar pradesh. Form 50 for Madhya pradesh. There are forms required for kerala and west bengal as well.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@Sahil
I am in Powership since more than 2 months and selling on ebay more than 8 months. I have shipped nearly 1200 items till date, but none of the courier company (Fedex, Bluedart, Firstflight,DTDC) have asked me such kind of form with shipment except ORRISA.
Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thats quite strange. Do you send an invoice also or they take the product without that also.

According to the below lists both bluedart and fedex require forms for many states. I am not sure how or whether they disregard it in powership

http://bluedart.com/regulatory.html

http://www.fedex.com/in/customized-services/services/regulatoryguidelines.html
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@ All, i would like to know one thing from you people. If i am selling "Jackly Screw Driver Kit" which is a china made product, do i still need to generate a VAT/CST bill before shipping the same under Powership?
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

No one will ask you about VAT bill. I am unable to understand why you are stuck on that point only? Use any courier which are there in India. Not a single person will ask you to gave VAT bill to ship the product.

Thanks
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@mobilestoreforyou

As far as I understand the person does not have a vat number as yet and cannot generate any type of invoice whether it be vat or retail.

While vat invoice is not necessary courier companies such as fedex, bluedart, dtdc do ask for an invoice to send products. I dont know if under powership they would take the product on order statement only.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Are you under the Powership @ Sahil ?
Message 10 of 17
latest reply