PaisaPay Charges - Heavily

grab*your*deals
Community Member
I sold a mobile through ebay and it was my first listing.
When the remittance info came i was shocked to see a huge deduction as the paisapay fees. For a sold amount of Rs.6249/- they charged me Rs.275/-.
When communicated with ebay customer support, they told that it was specifed in http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/paisapay-policy-fees.html.

I never know that Paisapay was charging these fees.
I thought that it was free. This was never communicated to me and not specified anywhere during my listing.

Please reduce the paisapay charges as the items through ebay is sold @ low price and these huge deductions will result in heavy loss.

Thanks
Aneesh
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

grab*your*deals
Community Member
@linusstudios
I totally agree with you.
But still, ebay is a huge website which has millions of genuine buyers and thousands of transactions happening daily, they can think of reducing the PaisaPay charges.
What do you think?
Do you think that this is going to affect their revenues?
What i believe is that if such a thing happens then prices will be lower again and it will be ebay, a one stop place, selling the products @ the lowest price in India(infact 80% is true currently. :-))

-Aneesh
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ grab*your*deals

In fact if you do a little research for online shopping sites in India you will find eBay is still the best.

Here are a few reasons-

1- No upfront payment charges.
Almost all other sites will ask you to pay initial charges ranging from 5K-20K.

2- Less fees.
No portal is charging currently less than 10% fees(in our category) So eBay still is a good option.

We know how much are actual gateway charges for eBay including chargebacks, so we still feel there is a scope of reduction in FVF and Paisapay charges.

By the way I have a suggestion which is viable,

Why is selling fees- ( FVF, promotional feature charges and shop subscription fees) not adjusted from every remittance? Currently we sellers are paying Paisapay fees also on the selling fees. Just to understand it.
Say our eBay invoice monthly is 10000 Rs , so we are paying 5% of it i.e 500 Rs as Paisapay fees even on this amount. If eBay fees is calculated with remittance itself sellers will save these charges.

eBay will benefit from this in 2 ways- it will save the gateway or transaction handling charges( for cheques and DDs). Also it will ensure ebay gets the fees on time.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
Well Said rajelectroniks Defiantly he will come to know after become seller on ebay, how much seller really earn's from ebay,

my funny part of selling is some times only ebay & courier people earn from my sales not me after working so hard..

heehheehhehehe Great business on ebay

Regards lakshmi
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

hostingexpert.in
Community Member
I have sold a product in Ebay under Health and Perfumes which is of cost 1414. They charged 7% as final value price and 4.5% as PaisaPay fees. So total 11.5% of the cost of the item is taken by them. Shipping took me 100 Rs which is 7.5%. So total loss came to 19%.

But 20% is the profit which i get when i sold this item. So the marginal profit i got is just 1%.

Ebay Prices are too high. So if Seller has to get 20% profit on a Item He has to list it 40% more price than the actual price that he got. So how can buyers will purchase at cheap price then market on Ebay.

This is so bad on Ebay.

Please decrease the charges so that they total to not more that 8%.

If not what buyer gets is at loss when compared to market price.
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

rahuldebbanerjee
Community Member
I sold a tuner which is 590Rs cost. shipping charge is 80Rs, Ebay charges 46Rs, Paisapay charges 33 Rs so I have got 430Rs. I buy it from distributor @ 450Rs. Now tell me the product is available in the market @ 580 so, if i add the every charges to buyer then why did the buy it from ebay and if i sell this in 580Rs then i have to loss 40Rs. So tell me Is ebay helpful to seller?? Why they dont add ebay and paisapay charges to buyer in listing pases?? Ebay is working as a 3rd party which takes seller profit.
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

rahuldebbanerjee
Community Member
They tells it is free for buyers. Why???? Buyers are important for them and sellers??
Friends wait for somedays our team will open a website for online shopping which will charge more less than ebay. and there will be no hidden cost.:-)
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

29sandesh
Community Member
Ebay Margins are too high for a beginner..dnt think ebay needs new sellers/more inventory anymore..a new seller wont get good margins from distributor/wholesaler in the beggining..its all about seller persistance
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

yes ebay charges paisa pay fees and final value fees and wont inform you in a same page the total amount they are going to charge which is misleading to new people ebay must correct this, also listing your item in other category will cost you more ie 5% instead of 1% final value fee.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

tabzone
Community Member
Is I Agree the above message i have also have seen many losses from eBay
and many orders pass on eBay daily
so, eBay need to reduce the paisapay charges

Regards
TabZone
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Why be forced to use Paisapay?

In Ebay US you have Paypal but you are not forced to use it and you are still allowed to pay using credit card or other modes of payment. Infact when buyer pays using Paypal as against using CC, they have to pay more. Which means that Paypal charges are deducted from buyer entirely or partly.

Why cant Paisapay have such an arrangement?

Message 20 of 22
latest reply