Cheated by Ebay!!

punu05
Community Member

Hi I am Puneet and this is the first time that I have used ebay services in India. Before I start I must say that its the worst expereince I ever had as compared to  any online shopping portals. I will never suggest anybody to use ebay. I would also request my fellow Indians to stop purchasing through ebay as they may cheat you at any point.

The Paise pay has policies favouring ebay and does not care about the consumers. Once you have paid through paise pay your money is gone. You wont get the refund in any case (until you are the cleverest of all!!)

In none of the cases you are eligible for the refund :

1) in case you do not  like the product or quality that you were offered.

2) In case the product is defective.

3) In case you booked the order by mistake.

SO ONCE YOU HAVE PAID ITS NONREFUNDABLE EITHER YOU GET THE SERVICES OR NOT!!

My ordeal started on 28th Nov 2016 when I searched to buy MOTO G4 PLUS 4th Gen 32 GB on google through my mobile browser.

If you search the same it will show shop on google and would show the price of phone 13499/- on ebay India. (Apart from other sites which would show 15000/- like on Amazon India). Finding the price low you would certainly would like to buy through ebay.

The ebay site on the mobile browser then would show the price of the mobile and would say with 6 months seller guarantee. It would also give you the option to buy it.  On the main page of the mobile browser it does not say that the phone is REFURBISHED until you scroll down on the page  and read the phone specifics. Why ebay has done this?? So that they may cheat people to pay the amount and they know once paid they will never refund the amount. Wow what a way of doing the business!!

I realised the next day of buying the same and called the customer care at ebay to cancell the order. The customer care took the request and also assured that the amount will be refunded. On 1st Dec 2016 I also raised the claim that I dont want the phone to be delivered as the phone is refurbished and the seller has not dispathced the phone. The paise pay poicly says that the order can be canncelled if the order is not dispathced. But Ebay didnt cancell the order but on the other hand rejected my claim. They instead asked me to contact the seller Budli. I contacted Budli.in a number of times but the seller didnt respond.

If you call Budli at any time of their working hours it would take you to a recorded message that the customer care is busy and they have recorded your number and they will call you back. YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE ANY CALL BACK FROM BUDLI!!

To my apprehensions that the product would not be of good quality came true when it was forcily delivered to my society gaurd. I had thought not to take the delivery but all in vein. I am sure ebay knows how to do the business. The phone now as delivered is defective and now I am runinning one pole to another to get the refund.

Budli the seller was contacted for the defective product on mail and through phone and the only answer given by Budli was " Pls contact Ebay". What a brilliant service by Budli!! And the 6th Month guarantee??

Now I am left with a refurbished defective phone and dont know how many more days of harrassment and agony!!

Pls community if you have any suggestions do let know. Yes, I have contacted my lawyer and are sending a notice to Ebay and Budli!!

I wish I was in UK or US as then I would have sued them for millions!!

Puneet Singh

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Cheated by Ebay!!

Yes! I do agree with you. Ebay is a cheat. they promised me to send 110% refund coupon, but after several reminders they have not answered. The transaction was COD. I wont purchase any costly items from ebay henceforth.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Cheated by Ebay!!

chandan131
Community Member

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Cheated by Ebay!!

ananjh_77
Community Member
I am also cheated by e bay
Message 4 of 6