WHY CAN'T I REMOVE MY RESERVE PRICE?

meritboss
Community Member
Hi All,
I put a reserve price on an item, but when I tried to remove it, the system said it 'cannot be removed'. According to eBay help pages, a seller can remove a reserve at any time during the listing. Is this a 'bug', or have a missed something?
Thanks, Colin.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

You can adjust your Reserve Price as long as 12 hours or more remain in your listing, whether or not any bids have been placed on your item. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

birdiesbestbuys
Community Member
I have over 60 hours left to run on my auction but I can't change my reserve price. Bidding stands at £36 and I tried to remove my reserve. All I got was an error message telling me I must set my reserve to a minimum of £50, which is what I had my reserve set for originally.

Ebay sends out automatic emails advising that you might want to lower or remove your reserve, and then when you try, it won't allow it.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

debtwarrior
Community Member
I am having the excact same problem - My listing is in Home and Garden, leisure and it won't let me reduce my reserve price below £50.00 or remove it any other way. I thought at first this might be because a bidder's maximum bid is £50.00. I still don't know if this is true. One thought I had was to add a 'buy it now' price below the reserve - but I'm not sure if the site would allow the purchase in these circumstances. All a bit confusing.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

cydnee04
Community Member
I also cannot lower the reserve price on a car I am selling.

I received an email from ebayer telling me to try lowering the reserve but the link does not work and when I try to lower it through my ebay I get the message 'Please provide correct information in hightlighted field' yet there are no highlighted fields????

I need help as my listing finishes in two days.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

irarnu
Community Member
How do we do it
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

jessica_rock88
Community Member
hi all im having the same problem, did any of you guys managed to work out how to removed the reserve price? i tried and it says the same things as yourve all mentioned 😞 my listing ends in 2 days

replies greatly apreciated

Thanks
Jessica
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

1273seant
Community Member
hi-cannot lower my resevr price on ebay---this issue has been going on for a while as i see from the discussion board and thety still have not sorted it out---they should be no charge from them if you item does not sell and you reneter it-i have emailed them to complain-im now stuckas i cannot lower the reserve--sean
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

andypandygodingandrew
Community Member
I have also attempted to reduce my reserve price, and eBay says it has to be a minimum of what I originally put. Your advice was not helpful. Please explain clearly how to do it.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply