USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

buy.like.anything
Community Member
I have ordered coffee maker from USA on 16th of December2009. still not recived.whenever I asked to seller, he replies sweetly, you will get it soon. But I am very confused. he has sent through USPS. anybody can help me out with this?
Message 31 of 117
latest reply

escape667
Community Member
All the international parcels , especially designated for the north Indian region go to the Foreign Post Office which is located located at the ITO, New Delhi. Every type of custom clearance and all the custom duties are levied at this place. If you have not received your parcel within 12 days ( in case of priority mail )or within 6 days ( in case of express mail services like USPS express etc. ) then that usually means your parcel has been detained by the authorities and it is mandatory for you to be present out there with proper identification proof in order to get your parcel released from the authorities. Also, the detention desks are held only on Mondays and Thursdays. The conatct no. for the Foreign Post Office is : 011-23238917. There is no other contact number and you wont get any response from the e-mail. Similarly there are FPO's located at all metropolitan cities. Thanks.
Message 32 of 117
latest reply

arnab.g
Community Member
Can anybody tell me how many days does it take USPS First-Class Mail International to deliver from Us to India(approx).

Secondly the seller has given a tracking number EB 306679448 but the USPS site says tracking not available on this site. Any idea.

Finally will a used camer of Rs. 10,000 require customes to be paid in India, how much?
Message 33 of 117
latest reply

analoguemusic
Community Member
Hello All,
I have been buying on the net from around 6 years now and there has never been any incident when my packet/parcel did not reach or got lost. Indian Post is actually as good or as bad as any other postal service in the world. If your packet is taking time, visit the foreign post office in your city (PRAGATI MAIDAN,Delhi). The contact number is 011- 23238917/23231281.The guys are typical sarkari babus but helpful. I visited once and dint have much problem. Remember that in case of detentions, delivery can be as late as 90 days but packets will not get lost in 99% probability. I generally buy Lp records.
Thanks,
Jai
Message 34 of 117
latest reply

kingcyber389
Community Member
My friend from ON, Canada has sent a Digital Camera to my Daughter on 22nd December 2009 and as per the Canada post Tracking System showing arrival of the International parcel in destination country on 1st Jan 2010 and again 8th Jan 2010. Now I have no idea how to find the parcel? Please help me as its was a gift to my daughter from my friend. It has more sentimental value than it carry a label of it own.
Message 35 of 117
latest reply

kingcyber389
Community Member
My friend from ON, Canada has sent a Digital Camera to my Daughter on 22nd December 2009 and as per the Canada post Tracking System showing arrival of the International parcel in destination country on 1st Jan 2010 and again 8th Jan 2010. Now I have no idea how to find the parcel? Please help me as its was a gift to my daughter from my friend. It has more sentimental value than it carry a label of it own. The Tracking No. of Canada Post is
CC143529756CA and my contact email is hazarika_rajiv@hotmail.com or feel free to call me at 09706085305
Message 36 of 117
latest reply

dve8u
Community Member
Hi All,

I had purchased 2 blackberrys from ebay on the 27th dec 09 and it was dispatched on the 30th .
and the status as of today is ...

Arrived Abroad, January 08, 2010, 11:51 am, INDIA DELHI
International Dispatch, January 03, 2010, 5:44 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 30, 2009

the estimated date of delivery was bet 5th to 11th Jan'10 , however the status still looks the same, I did try contacting the seller and his reply was
"That's why we don't like shipping to India,because there is always some complications with delivery.
You need to contact your local customs and ask about USPS Shipment with Tracking# CQ337516541US"
Can somebody help me track down the package. I live at Chennai and I can foresee a loooong wait else forget the package.

Whom do I get in touch with at Delhi -- Speed post? if so I would need a number.

Did anyone ever receive your package and duration?

Please help

Regards
Diresh - +91 9884357500 / 044 42856437
Message 37 of 117
latest reply

nawafshrf
Community Member
Hi all..
I am from chennai.I am also going to be in trouble as the product is still in NY,USA. My Track#CQ003380020US. I needed the item on 20th.It is some documents crucial to my academic project.
As far as i enquired,the priority mail parcel first goes to NewDelhi FPO (Foreign Postal Office)
where it is cleared for customs and then delivered to chennai. I wonder if i can directly get my parcel by hand from the FPO,NewDelhi.?
Please update your comments and status.

Thanks
nawaf@aol.in
Message 38 of 117
latest reply

hellojoy86
Community Member
hi all...
im in a similiar situation like u all...i hav an ipod despatched frm usps on 23th december 2009.my tracking code is LJ652863895US and still havnet gt the ipod yet..im based in kolkata..can u plzz give suggestion where i shud go or whom shud i call to backtrack the order..?
Message 39 of 117
latest reply

dve8u
Community Member
Hi All,

The last resort I have is a phone number of all difficulty calling up nearly 10 numbers. I still dont know if this would work out 011 23236739 . This was a number given to me to check with the USPS tracking number(for Packages) . I am to call on the 15th and check out if this is working. Keepin my fingers crossed.

Guys if you have any other number do help.

and Also - What is the number for "foreign Post Office" - Delhi ??

Do help

Regards
Diresh - 9884357500/ 044 42856347
Message 40 of 117
latest reply