USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

ibiker_net
Community Member
Its the same with everyone it seems. I am still waiting on my item on which the tracking says CLEARED CUSTOMS since quite sometime now.
Message 11 of 117
latest reply

dear sanjeevsrinivasan1972 ,
why u worry about the items--delivery of item is seller resposbality-- if u dont get make claim to ebay-- u will get refund--- dont worry
Message 12 of 117
latest reply

alienatedbuddha
Community Member
hello,
i am facing a similar problem. recently i ordered tattoo ink from california. they shipped it through usps priority mail international.i cannot track the item as it is classified as a small envelope. i called up the santacruz post customs and they say the package is not there. the item has been shipped on 10 october 2008. any help would be appereciated.
Message 13 of 117
latest reply

swarnaprasad
Community Member
Hi this is Swarnaprasad from Hyderabad.I had ordered an item from internet trains thru USPS.I could track it until it reached India and it got out of customs on 10th NOV at 2:30 pm.

Now I need help on how to track it in India.It could be possibly at mumbai waiting for distribution thru postal service, this is what i heard from my local post office at Hyderabad. Can someone help me..

USPS tracking No: CP86 1488 986U S

my email: swarnaprasad04@yahoo.co.in
Ph:09246394570

Thanks dear Members, i need Help!!
Message 14 of 117
latest reply

salilddd
Community Member
Please call on this number 022-26156152,... of SUPERINTENDENT SPEED POST CENTRE (Customs).

The number doesn't work. It's temporarily out of service. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Salil Dhawan
Message 15 of 117
latest reply

vu3scd
Community Member
Hello Guys,

A package shipped via USPS from USA via Label Number: CJ25 7779 646U S on 6th Feb 2009 hasn't reached New Delhi; Although the package is insured, but USPS website say nothing on tracking.

Can somebody help me??
Message 16 of 117
latest reply

hi, why buy from abroad. buy from indian website
Message 17 of 117
latest reply

rgvishnumenon
Community Member
Hey guys!!!all usps deliveries are through india post.so just check this page and contact the appropriate area number given and provide them with your tracking no.They will track ur item and will give the exact update.

http://www.indiapost.gov.in/netscape/speedpost.html

Regards,
Vishnu
Message 18 of 117
latest reply

vu3scd
Community Member
Hi Everyone,
My package which is am not sure if ever it arrived or not; but my ernet suggestion to you would be never ever ship via USPS.

Please contact FPO # 011-23233325 for all package via postal
Message 19 of 117
latest reply

taggy528
Community Member
Hi everyone,

I was in the US till recently and while I was there I sent a parcel by USPS Priority Mail to my home address in Kolkata. The tracking no. is CP139150644US. When I go to the USPS website and track it, all it says that it was booked on the 1st of May and was despatched from the US on the 3rd of May. Beyond that I am not getting any information though I am quite sure that the parcel is already in India. I went to my local post office to check whether the parcel has arrived or not, and they said it hasnt. I also checked the foreign post office and they said it has not yet arrived there either. Where could it be? The parcel contains car parts and they are quite important to me. My previous experience with USPS is that it took more than a month for the package to reach my home. Can anyone help me or guide me as to what is to be done and when I will be getting my package?

Thanks in advance
Message 20 of 117
latest reply