cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Guarantee Claim a sham, Pathetic customer support

HOW EBAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS SHAM, PATHETIC AND ANTI-CUSTOMERS

Claim ID - 539079

I bought an item RO SPARE SET Hi-Tech Inline Filters+ Hitech 75gpd Membrane +3 external PreFilter on 23.05.14, delivered on 30.05.14.

Called a RO Engineer & fitted on 17.06.14. Before replacement, existing RO water TDS was 360. He fitted all the new cartridges/filters including RO Membrane. After fitting TDS was found to be 650. Raw water TDS is 950. Engineer advised me to drain 30 ltr water & see the result after next 1-2 days. He suspected NEW RO Membrane was not performing. I followed his instructions, but I found water taste becoming **bleep** compared with earlier old RO membrane, even after draining 30 ltr of water.

I called Engineer again today, i.e. 19.06.14 & found that TDS has not gone down & was 650. This means NEW RO Membrane supplied by you is not performing & giving higher TDS.

I had to purchase another RO membrane of another company (not Hitech) with which TDS came down to less than 100.

I wrote to Seller who failed to respond.

I opened a case and submitted all details on 20.06.2014.

On 26.06.2014, I submitted following details desired by eBay Customer Supprt:

In my reply to seller on 21.06.2014, I mentioned my mobile phone no. in India i.e. 91-9811620258, but Seller did not respond.

I had also mentioned this mobile phone no. 91-9811620258 in India in my case details. eBay may contact me at this phone no. as currently I am in Indian and available at this mobile phone no. of 91-9811620258.

Another alternate mobile phone no. is 91-9811624619.

PROOF OF ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED: RO membrane is described as NEW which is supposed to work when installed/used. This membrane did not work on installation/used by a RO Engineer. Installation is very simple and doesn’t required any technical know-how. It is like is push-in fitting. NEW membrane must have given the TDS meter reading of less than 100 ppm whereas it gave a reading of 650 ppm. This reading remained same even after 2 days. Obviously Membrane cartridge is DEFECTIVE/SUBSTANDARD/ ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.

Item also cannot be judged “whether it will or not” without installation and hence Seller contention is not correct. This case could be opened only because item was found to be DEFECTIVE/SUBSTANDARD/ ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED only upon its installation/use. There is no other way to find out the correctness of this item.

I request eBay to apply its logic whether correctness of the item could be judged without installation/use.

Pl call me for any further clarification at my India Mobile phone no. 91-9811620258, 91-9811624619.

Ebay did not call me on my given nos.

On 29.06.2014, I again provided following details to eBay query:

Buyer to provide Proof of "Item not as described"

As proof of wrong/spurious item, I am attaching TWO photographs of the TDS meter readings (purchased from eBay on 20.06.2014 as I did not want to rely only on RO Service Engineer’s TDS Meter).

(IMG_20140629_154753.jpeg: This shows the TDS reading of 935 ppm of the TAP WATER.

(IMG_20140629_154923.jpeg: This shows the TDS reading of 648 ppm of the RO FILTERED WATER.

The TDS reading of 648 ppm after using the RO Membrane supplied by Seller is EXTREMELY HIGH and is a clear proof of the WRONG/SPURIOUS item supplied. Correct TDS after using the supplied RO Membrane should be in the range of 0 – 100 ppm.

I had also posted the following reply to an earlier query from eBay.com:

In my reply to seller on 21.06.2014, I mentioned my mobile phone no. in India i.e. 91-9811620258, but Seller did not respond.

I had also mentioned this mobile phone no. 91-9811620258 in India in my case details. eBay may contact me at this phone no. as currently I am in India and available at this mobile phone no. of 91-9811620258. Another alternate mobile phone no. is 91-9811624619.

PROOF OF ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED: RO membrane is described as NEW which is supposed to work when installed/used. This membrane did not work on installation/used by a RO Engineer. Installation is very simple and doesn’t require any technical know-how. It is like push-in fitting. NEW membrane must have given the TDS meter reading of less than 100 ppm whereas it gave a reading of 650 ppm. This reading remained same even after 2 days. Obviously Membrane cartridge is DEFECTIVE/SUBSTANDARD/ ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.

Item also cannot be judged “whether it will WORK or not” without installation and hence Seller contention is not correct. This case could be opened because item was found to be DEFECTIVE/SUBSTANDARD/ ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED only upon its installation/use. There is no other way to find out the correctness/genuineness of this item.

I request eBay to apply its logic whether correctness of the item could be judged without installation/use.

Pl call me for any further clarification at my India Mobile phone no. 91-9811620258, 91-9811624619.

I have lost Rs. 1530 for purchasing this item which turned out to be of poor quality/spurious.

I purchase items of eBay based on eBay Guarantee to protect its customers from Spurious/fraud Sellers. Hope eBay shall provide me with suitable resolution to get my money back and also take action against such Sellers.

As proof, I also attached TWO photographs of the TDS performance of the item, attached herein.

On 03.07.2014, eBay denied my claim saying THAT I DID NOT PROVIDE ANY DETAILS AND DI NOT RESPOND TO THEIR MAILS.

Their action is clearly a farse and customer unfriendly. eBay has sopported a Seller who is selling FAKE/SPURIOUS items on eBay.

I now have serious doubt to continue my FIVE long year relationship with eBay.

Claim ID - 539079

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Photo No. 1 attached again

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Photo No.2 attached again

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

sbha5459
Community Member
Well I must say it now that EBAY is a fraud & cheat company. I have updated all my friends not to purchase any thing from now on wards from EBAY & teach EBAY a lesson. They cheat people. I have called in 5-6 times for a concern & they do not seem to have any resolution apart from giving fake promises. Even the customer support executives are pathetic. They have no idea what they are talking & will give fake assurances saying that we will get back to you in 48 hours. I have been waiting for over a month now & their 48 hours are yet to expire. Not sure which world they live in. Of course that is expected from a cheat & fraud company. I will share on all social networking sites that stop shopping on EBAY & surely will be filing a fraud case in consumer court in a couple of days. i am already in talks with a layer & will be suing the EBAY for forgery/fraud/cheating cases in the days to follow.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

jimmyjasim
Community Member

even I am ending buying and selling on ebay, its not good there are many other good online sellers with great customer service.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply