cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO WE NEED ANY IEC CODE AS BUYER FOR INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES IN EBAY...

avi2849
Community Member

RECENTLY I BROUGHT COINS LOT 2 ITEMS IN COMBINE SHIPPING FOR TOTAL GBP 45 FROM UNITED KINGDOM BY ROYAL MAIL. MY PARCEL HAS ARRIVED IN FOREIGN POST OFFICE IN CHENNAI AND IT WAS HELD UP BY CUSTOMS IN CHENNAI.

AND THEY HAVE ASKED FOR DESCRIPTION, VALUE OF ITEM, PURPOSE AND USE THEREOF ALONG WITH IEC CODES.

SINCE I HAVE NO TRADE/BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL PURPOSE, DO I HAVE TO GET IEC CODE. AS BUYER FOR INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES IN EBAY.

I HAVE SENT MY EBAY AND PAYPAL INVOICE HAS PROOF FOR DESCRIPTION, VALUE OF ITEM AND PURPOSE AS COIN AS NUMISMATICS INTEREST WILL IT BE ENOUGH FOR CUSTOMS

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

you dont need iec code

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

you no need to contact anyone, as soon as customs cleared your parcel, it will be reached(along with custom duty slip) to your local postoffice and then, you have to pay to postman as specified amount on the slip. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

you dont need a noc from asi

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

you dont need iec code
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

thks frd...

i have another doubt regarding customs duty...whr & how to pay fr custom duty for ebay purchase..

becoz my item parcel is held up in customs 2 days back  they requested some details & description & invoice &....i have already sent my ebay & paypal invoice..then.wht shd i do & whom shd i contact aft that....pls reply back

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

you no need to contact anyone, as soon as customs cleared your parcel, it will be reached(along with custom duty slip) to your local postoffice and then, you have to pay to postman as specified amount on the slip. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thks Frd..

Do v need any NOC ( No Objection Certificate ) From ASI ( Archaeological Survey of India ) fr purchase of coins from international eBay...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

you dont need a noc from asi

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If you declare the inbound items as gifts the chances of Parcels being held at the customs is minimised. The declaration from the sender has to be for personal consumption and gift.

There has been some changes in the rules recently wherein the officials tag all inbound parcels a heafty amount.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply