slap me once and slap me twice

Hi,

I have been slapped with monthly selling limit of 100 items in mid February. I accept that, no problems. 100 is very good limit.

But ebay is not allowing me to list more than 60 items in March.

The reason is they have counted 40 items of 7 days auction format listed in the February end, have been counted in March also. 

My question is: is it logical to count short duration listings twice? More so when there is a cap!

Normally I am not in the habit of questioning. I believe discipline is above self interest. 

But this is different. This is error. Ebay must work more to perfect its softwares to stop counting twice.

Thanks,

Truly,

Amitava

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Guys,

Thanks to my buyers from UK and US.

Thanks to Anis Pujari.

Ebay has given me 500 items limit and sell of Rs.2100000.

That means it has been resolved for all practical purposes.

Now I can list at my Home Site ebay India again. It is like home-coming after long time.

God bless our eBay community.

Thanks again to you all.

Truly,

Amitava

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay is adamant about error.

Who cares for suggestion of an old man of 67 years!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay has curbed my basic right to 150 listings of a store subscriber.

Though I am allowed only 100 listings, their software counts item both at listing time and ending time. Effectively I was allowed only 60 listings.

Even with my stunted capacity, I have competed successfully against their sellers by retaining my top rated plus status. I do not know why I am being tortured brutally. Nobody mailed me. A/C manager does not have a clue. CS does not reply to my mail. I belong to eBay India. Ebay India is keeping silent.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

amitava123gems is a very good seller. He is very conscientious and thoroughly professional in all his ebay dealings.  It seems to me that ebay should be either counting items from the time they are listed OR counting them at the time of the end of the listing, but they certainly should not be counting the start AND the end of the same item. it is sellers like amitava123gems that helps build the reputation of ebay with his professionalism, it would be nice to see ebay repay some of his loyalty with some positive attention to this matter. It is surely in the interests of ebay to count items correctly because ebay ultimately gain from each item corrected listed and counted by them, reduce his item count and you are reducing your own profit. I hope ebay reviews this situation soon for this very reputable seller.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I am an international buyer who first did business with Amitava on eBay in May, 2009. Since then I have bought from Amitava many times and have had nothing but good experiences. His items are absolutely authentic, described well, and packaged carefully -- hence my repeat and anticipated future business, and my uniformly positive feedback on his sales to me.

Amitava has also always been a good eBay citizen, being scrupulous about following eBay's rules even when he could easily have profited by breaking them. In the present matter he is not asking for special treatment or an increase in his selling limits -- only that the same listing is not counted twice, that each listing only be attributed to his selling limits for a single month.

eBay, this can't be what you intend with your selling limits. It creates confusion and unpredictability for the seller, and in this specific case is constraining business that appears to be entirely legitimate and beneficial to eBay, Amitava and his buyers. Please fix your accounting for seller limits such each listing is only attributed to a single month's limit. This would allow Amitava to continue his business within eBay's rules and within his existing limitations as a seller.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi Guys,

Thanks to my buyers from UK and US.

Thanks to Anis Pujari.

Ebay has given me 500 items limit and sell of Rs.2100000.

That means it has been resolved for all practical purposes.

Now I can list at my Home Site ebay India again. It is like home-coming after long time.

God bless our eBay community.

Thanks again to you all.

Truly,

Amitava

Message 6 of 6
latest reply