Why the seller sold me the item more than the MRP?

wkas1109
Community Member

Dear Team eBay,

I bought the item "Bergner Ceramic Non Stick kadai With Lid (28 cm/3.8ltr) -(BG-6940)" (Item ID : 111679461894) recently. The piece was good looking but body was THIN - never mind, it's okay.

Disturbing thing is: 

I wrote to the Customer Service about the difference in price - the seller charged me more than the MRP and this is what they replied:

Hello Wungreithei,

Thank you for writing to eBay India Customer Service.

We understand from your mail that you are not satisfied with the product because according to you the seller is selling the product at a cost higher than the original cost..

We would like to inform you that eBay is a platform where sellers come to sell their items and buyer comes to purchase those items.Each seller lists its item with their particular price. So we would like to inform you that we wont be able to refund you the extra amount but we would like to suggest you that before any future purchase kindly check all the options available on eBay and purchase the one which suits your requirement.

In case, you face any problem with respect to the transaction then, please do let us know so that we can assist you.

Hope this was helpful. For any other information, click on “Help & Contact” option on the top right side of the page.

Regards,

Suraj.

eBay Customer Service

Now;

1) in India it is not lawful to sell at price higher than the MRP (which stands for Maximum Retail Price).

2) eBay turns blind eye to the pricing system of the sellers

3) I never asked for refund of the excess charges

4) who is this gentleman Suraj, advicing me on tele-shopping (on his own goodwill or on behalf of the eBay?)

It is not the amount that matters but the way eBay handles the customers vis-a-vis sellers.

I have been a regular buyer from eBay since quite sometime. But this issue is very discouraging.

Regards,

Wungreithei

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0