cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the "BEST SHIPPING OPTION" for international sellers to ship to India?

Dear ebayers,

One of the major problems sellers faced while shipping to India is "DETENTION OF THEIR GOODS AT FOREIGN POST OFFICE [FPO]" on false or bribe-asking grounds: MISSING INVOICE, PROHIBITED, OTHERS, OLD ITEM.

India being Earth's most corrupt country on Earth while it comes to custom clearance. Bribe taking and corruption at government offices in India is as pandemic as mosquitoes in sahara marshes!

I wants to know FedEx/DHL/Bluedart/Aramex/DTDC procedure for international purchase so that buyer do not have to visit India, FPO bribe taking officials. These illitrate incompetent bribe takers must be avoided while dealing at ebay. Process must be such that PRE-CUSTOMS CLEARANCE IS ISSUED to private couriers so that these bribe taker FPO's may be bypassed together.

On one hand, they led to time delay, on the other hand led to frustration at both ends. Some genuine sellers refuse to ship to India for this very reason.

Also how can private couriers be used for "MOST ECONOMICAL GLOBAL SHIPPING" while bypassing bribe taking Indian FPO's.

Regards

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

one word answer speedpost

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Mr. Dharminder Verma,

I am amazed and ashamed at your audacity to label the IndiaPost officers are corrupt.

IndiaPost is one of the most RELIABLE and REPUTED Postal Service in the world.

I have an online business  since last 7 years and I have been using IndiaPost since first day of my business. I have found success rates with IndiaPost better than FEDEX and DHL.  Private courier companies have double standards, hidden rates and they are very unreliable unless you have a commercial cargo.

In last 7 years, I have shipped more than 35000 shipments to international locations from IndiaPost and I have never came across any officer asking for any kind of bribe. I have imported several expensive products from HongKong, China, Singapore and USA several times in large and small consignments.

So far, in last 7 years, no FPO has asked me to pay any kind of money. I give 100% credit of my success on eBay to IndiaPost.

Your views about IndiaPost will be trashed in a garbage can by any of the successful eBay seller / exporter in India.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I  as a buyer for more than 10 years on Ebay. Std. Intl.Shipping of late has become a HEADACH for me atleast. In recent 6 months I have Not  received item shipped without AWB (which costs more). In India we have an understanding of Trade Treaty between diff. countries. So INDIAN POST BEING MOST CORRUPT ON EARTH is Very Right. By Corruptions only we have become a developing nation & NOT by sincerity. Please refer my purchase history where one buyer has shipped the same item 3 time and still Not Received by me even though 3 months have passed. So Corruption can not be ruled out. The whole world knows how corrupt our Government are and we small buyers & sellers have to suffer here in India because of Corruption. 

I request you to see the larger facts & picture before comming to a concluttion on INDIA - not CORRUPT.  OK

god bless you & your Non-corrupt INDIA of which I am also an Indian.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply