Paypal is unable to verify PAN numbers

Today,
I have received email from paypal quoting that my PAN is invalid.
My PAN is perfectly valid and can be checked at Income tax website of Indian Govt (NO NEED TO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO VALIDATE THE PAN).
My PAN is AA******1Q and is in my name (same name used in paypal) and with correctdate of birth.

I think paypal system is unable to verify right PAN numbers and trageting vlaid accounts and how can i submit another PAN when current one is the only and right one. Now, all i can do is fax the scanned copy of PAN card.

Any body from ebay / PAYPAL reading.

thanks
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Hi skygiftworldwide,
PayPal should disclose the real problem.
The pretext is not true.
Only yesterday they sent money and today I am a misnomer!
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 21 of 50
latest reply

PayPal has every right to conduct business in India. RBI interference in our legal business is bad in law. We generate legal white money.
Message 22 of 50
latest reply

hairajeshk
Community Member
I to got the same message saying PAN is invalid.
My PAN is perfectly valid and can be checked at Income tax website of Indian Govt (NO NEED TO HIRE A THIRD PARTY TO VALIDATE THE PAN).

Did anybody resolve this issue? Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks
Message 23 of 50
latest reply

Hi,
PayPal should employ people who understand business.
Today again they sent a copy paste message:
--------------------------------------------------------
Here's what you need to do to lift this limitation:

1. Log in to your PayPal account and click Resolution Centre at the top of
the page.
2. Look out for a table in Resolution Centre which will show all the
required items that you need to add.
3. Add the listed items.
----------------------------------------------------
So I logged in and they did same thing again.
I did not understand the purpose of this exercise.
Please act in a responsible manner.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 24 of 50
latest reply

electro-mad-netics
Community Member
situation is mysterious. I am not with RBI but i think paypal is totally responsible for this situation. Paypal didn't try to impose all the restrictions which were discussed in Feb/March 2011 and there were easy ways to bypass some rules. For example, No india to india money transfer / No purchase from paypal balance / No personal payments etc were imposed by paypal few months ago but single transaction $500 limit /compulsary withdrawal of funds within 7 days etc were never imposed by paypal. Why ? Because it was not profitable for Paypal. PAN number screen was a joke and it was accepting any 10 digit number and was also easy to bypass. For last 6 months, they never tried to validate anything and now suddenly ?
I think RBI has now questioned paypal people and after looking at the Paypal's carelessness (plenty of PAN numbers like AA000000YZ), RBI has warned paypal and it might be possible RBI has stopped/limited flow of INR funds to paypal.

Paypal has been trying very hard to buy some TIME. Take a look at the funny events happened in september - some accounts restricted due to invalid PAN (not all accounts at once but few today, few more 2/3 days later and few more 2/3 days later), then first batch of restricted account holders contacted paypal and 3/4 days later, paypal responded with useless solution / or request to wait for 24/48 hours. Meanwhile several transactions got reversed due to limited/restricted accounts and funds reappeared were less than the original ones (exchnage rate cut / Rs 250 penalty for reversed transaction). Result - Paypal's clever trick worked and some part of your fund has gone to paypal... forever. Paypal has been avoiding/delaying withdrawal. Before september, bank deposits have hardly taken more than 48 hours (except weekends) and now it is taking 2/3 days more.

They have been calling from USA so that account holders do not lose their cool and think that Paypal is really doing something to fix the software bug (or whatever be bogus reason told by paypal to fool the account holders). Restricting, restoring and again restricting ? I dont understand their intentions behind it.
Message 25 of 50
latest reply

Hi,
PayPal has a one point agenda.
PayPal wants me to change PAN #.
But it is illegal to have more than one PAN # in same name.
It is impossible. It is a punishable offence in India.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 26 of 50
latest reply

electro-mad-netics
Community Member
Hi,

My business account is still restricted. I am not a seller on ebay but a freelancer software programmer. I am loosing clients day by day due to this situation. I am feeling frustated. I know it is against the rules but what can i do now ? I have made another premiere account using same PAN (PAN is in my personal name). This one got restricted within few hours like business account (Paypal says restricted until PAN verification) and with 48 hours they have verfied the PAN and restored the account. I think all new accounts will face same situation. This account is working normally now.

Only problem is i have to use another bank account for it because i can not add same bank account on different paypal accounts.
Message 27 of 50
latest reply

Hi,
I have started deleting PayPal from my listings. Nothing is wrong with my name and PAN #.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 28 of 50
latest reply

Dear Seemaji,
If you search 'DIT- Know your pan' in google, it will come up with some links. If you click on the top-most link, it will open up a form. If you enter your name and date of birth in the blank spaces and click submit button, it will give your name, PAN number and some other details.
I am not giving my personal details here right now. But I have verified that my name and PAN number is correctly entered with PayPal authority.
The purpose of my writing to you is that you can verify this personally on the internet.
Also if you allow me, I can send my personal details to your email ID, so that you can see for yourself that I am not telling lies.
I am paying my taxes long before there was any eBay or PayPal and in those days, there was no PAN number even. I have verified that my PAN card with my black and white photograph is perfectly okay even today.
If you allow me, I shall send these findings to your email ID.
Thank you very much,
Truly,
I have the honour to be,
Your most obedient servant,
Amitava
(eBay user ID: amitava123gems)
Message 29 of 50
latest reply

Dear Amitava ,

You are absolutely correct. If we are entering correct PAN Number then also they fool are saying that you have entered PAN Number Invalid. Its better to go for other payment processors like Alert Pay or Moneybookers. They are excellent in service than PAYPAL.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 30 of 50
latest reply